Chapter II: A Night on the Town

The first day of classes of the new semester is drawing to a close. Sitting in Professor Port's class, you're disappointed to discover that absolutely nothing has changed since last semester, and he still spends most of the classes time giving lengthy anecdotes about his youth. You may have great respect for all the teachers at Beacon, and you take your studies very seriously, but Port's classes just come across as a waste of time. Rather than listening to his 'lecture', you're instead watching another one of Jaune's attempts to win over Weiss. As class ends and Weiss shoots him down yet again, you move over to him and give him a pat of the shoulder, waiting for him to stand before leaving class together.

"I just don't get it!" He says in frustration as you walk through the halls. "What am I doing wrong?"

Noticing that he's looking at you expectantly, you cough before responding. "Um, look Jaune, I don't know if I'm the best person to be asking that question."

"What do you mean (F/N)?" He asks confused. "You're one of my best friends. Who else am I supposed to ask?"

"I don't know." You tell him. "Maybe someone who has actual experience in the world of romance."

"What are you talking about? I though you and Yang were..."

"Uh, no." You interrupt quickly. "No. Yang and I aren't together."

"Really?" He asks surprised. "You like her though, don't you?"

"Is it that obvious?" You groan.

"Well, not really." He says, uncomfortably rubbing the back of his neck. "I mean, I thought it was. But then again I thought you two were dating." Groaning even more, you rub your hands over your face. "Well great. If a guy like you can't get a date, how's a guy like me supposed to?"

"I don't know Jaune. Maybe you're just looking in the wrong place." You say, thinking about Pyrrha.

"Hey, I should ask Ren how he and Nora got together." He says as you approach your dorm rooms.

You're about to tell him that Ren and Nora weren't dating either, but instead just shake your head and enter your room. If he thought Ren and Nora were a thing, maybe your feelings for Yang were still a secret. Crap! You think to yourself. I just confirmed that I like Yang. And knowing Jaune, that's not likely to stay secret for much longer. Running back out into the hall you see Jaune entering Team JNPR's room.

"Hey guys." He says. "Did you know that (F/N) likes..."

As Jaune steps over the threshold, you tackle his legs out from underneath him, causing him to fall midsentence, thankfully preventing him from getting any further. Still pinning Jaune to the ground, you turn him over and give him a look that clearly says, If you say anything, I'll kill you.

"Oh!" Nora shouts from above you. "(F/N) like wrestling!"

"Wait, no Nora. That's not what..." But too late. Nora jumps off her bed and lands on you and Jaune, her knee digging into your back.

Time Skip:

You returned to your room sore and covered in bruises. Nora absolutely refused to believe that you didn't want to wrestle, and for the next hour she had thrown you about Team JNPR's room like you were a rag doll. Your muscles feel like they're on fire, and you're running yourself a warm bath to help them relax. Slipping into the warm water, you release a soft sigh of relief as the water soothes your aching muscles. You're no stranger to sore muscles, your training at Sun Zhang being extremely demanding. Still, you never encountered someone quite like Nora at the temple, and she somehow managed to wear you out more than the monks ever had. Sinking further into the bath water, you're about to submerge your head when you hear your scroll start to ring.