Chapter IV: Shopping and Style

Holding each other for a while, you and Yang eventually released each other, though reluctantly, and sat down on the cold ground, letting your feet dangle off the edge of the rock face. Holding her arms close against her body, Yang looks at you pointedly as she shields herself from the cool night air. Taking her hint, you remove your robes, draping them over her shoulders, and wrap your arm around her. Moving closer to you, Yang rests her head on your shoulder, and you place your own head upon hers.

"How did you get these?" Yang asks.

Turning your head, you see her examining the many scars you've collected over the years, her soft fingers gently trailing over the marks on your chest and back.

You shrug nonchalantly before responding. "Most are from Grimm that attacked the Sun Zhang temple. Some I suffered through training. Just life in general I guess. I used to remember the cause of each one, but... at some point there just became too many to keep track of." A few minutes pass in comfortable silence before you speak up. "So, what happens now?"

"What do you mean?" Yang asks, looking you in the eyes.

"Well, I still find having friends unfamiliar. This, whatever this is, is uncharted territory for me. Not that I don't enjoy it, the scenery is absolutely breathtaking." You say, tucking a loose strand of hair behind her ear.

Yang blushes, laughing lightly before responding. "Well, I think it's pretty obvious we have feelings for one another."

"Oh, good. Glad we clarified that." You say, causing Yang to give you a confused look. "That was a joke." You clarify.

Seeing her face relax, she continues. "I don't know (F/N). I guess we just go with the flow, see where this takes us."

"Go with the flow." You repeat. "I think I can do that. Well, I think the next logical thing to do would be to ask you to accompany me to the dance this weekend."

Yang smiles at you before pulling you in for another kiss.

Time Skip:

It's been two days since that evening spent with Yang. Since then your heart's been fuller and you've been happier then you've ever been in your life. While neither you nor Yang have told anyone what happened that night, it's become increasingly obvious to others that there's something going on between the two of you. Deciding that you'd like to keep your first kiss private for the time being, you and Yang explained your behaviors by telling your friends that you had asked Yang to the dance, which was the truth, just not the full truth.

Your helping Yang and Weiss set up the dance Friday morning, moving speakers and arranging table decorations. With your help, the set-up process has been expedited and the preparations are expected to be finished a little early, giving the girls a bit of a break before the dance tomorrow. Just as you finish delivering one of the large tables from the cafeteria to display the food, your attention is caught by Sun and Neptune entering the room and approaching Ruby, Weiss, and Yang. You move to join them and are instantly swept into a conversation about what everyone will be wearing to the dance.

"You ladies all excited for dress up?" Sun asks mockingly.

"Pfft, yeah right." Ruby groans.

"Laugh all you want. I'll be turning heads tomorrow." Yang says confidently.

"Not too many I hope." You say, procuring a laugh from the others.

"What are you two wearing?" Weiss asks of Sun and Neptune.

"Uh, this." Sun says, indicating his current outfit.

"Ignore him." Neptune says, holding up a hand as if to shield him from view. "For he knows not what he says."