Chapter III: Not Good Enough

Author's Note: I'm leaving to compete in my martial arts association's World Championships in North Carolina for the weekend and I won't be back until next week. Because of this, I'm giving you all an early update to make up for the days I won't be around. Happy reading!

Reader's POV:

You wake up the next day, the sun already setting, with a pounding headache and bruises all over your body. Opening your eyes, your blinded by the bright white light and place your hand over your eyes to shield your vision. Blinking a few times to allow your eyes to adjust, you look around and find yourself laying in Beacon's medical wing. Pushing yourself up into a sitting position, you notice your dressed only in your robe bottoms, the gown itself laying on a chair, torn to shreds.

"Ah, Mr. (L/N)." You look towards the door to see Professor Ozpin walking towards you, mug in one hand, cane in the other. "I'm glad to see you're awake. I was hoping we might have a short discussion before you leave."

Rolling your right shoulder back to stretch out the muscles, you give a small nod. "Okay."

"Excellent." He says, taking a sip from his mug. "So, could you please tell me about the events that transpired last night."

"Well," You say nervously, "I don't really know much to be honest."

"You mean to tell me that you are unaware of last night's events, despite the authorities informing me that you were found passed out on the street next to a large traffic accident?" Ozpin asks skeptically.

"Yes sir." You say confidently. "I received a call from my teammates and arrived to find the highway in chaos. I did my best to make sure that no one was injured but I..." Eyes widening in shock, you fling the hospital blanket off you and swing your legs over the side of the bed. "Was anyone hurt?"

"Calm down (F/N)." Ozpin says, placing a hand on your shoulder to slow your movements. "Thanks to your efforts, no one suffered more than a few broken bones."

Sighing in relief, you let your shoulders relax. "Good." You say. "That's good. Look sir, I promise I haven't the slightest idea as to what my team was up to last night. I just got a call and showed up in time to prevent any casualties, like I said."

"Very well Mr. (L/N). I believe you. You may leave."

Getting to your feet, you put on your torn, singed robes.

"And (F/N)." Ozpin says as you're about to leave the room. Turning around to face him, you see him smiling. "Good job. It is a huntsman's first responsibility to ensure the safety of the innocent."

Giving a curt nod, you turn and make your way to the dormitories. You need to have a serious talk with Team RWBY.

It's dark out by the time you make it back to the dormitories. You're about to knock on the door of Team RWBY when it opens a crack. You can see Blake standing on the other side, holding the door handle.

"I'll be in the library." She says.

As she opens the door wider, preparing to step out, she's taken aback to see you blocking her path.

"Excuse me (F/N)." She says, trying to brush past you.

"No." You say, blocking her path with your arm. "We need to talk." Forcing her back inside, she takes a seat on her bed next to Yang as you stand in front of the door.

"(F/N), what happened to you?" Yang asks, seeing the state of your robes.

"Oh this?" You say indicating your wrecked outfit. "This happened when I was cleaning up your mess from last night."