Getting ready

I decide to finally get up and get ready for my day that will contain of nothing but school. School is hard when your name is Lenon, and when your best friend is not allowed to attend. I have some friends, but its a weird mutual kind of friendship I guess.
I walk to my closet and pull out a old yellow sweater and some black ripped jeans. I make my way over to the vanity and open the main drawer of the old desk. I Pull out a yellow piece of ribbon and tie it into a perfect low pony tail. Before my grandma died, she gave me a big box of colorful ribbons in every color imaginable. The box was an old faded white color and had purple stickers all over it. My grandma had died in a car crash 7 years ago. I would tell her all about the adventures mr. White horse and I would have and she would never make fun of our strange friendship. Ever since she died I have worn a ribbon every single day.
I rush down stairs to find my mother has prepared a feast for breakfast. She walks over to me and places a gentle kiss on my forehead.
"Good morning Lennie how are you feeling " she asked grabbing a plate from the cabinet.
My mother thinks that just because I have a tiny case of schizophrenia I am suddenly not ok. When she is worried about me it makes me feel worried about myself which makes me worried about worrying Mr. White horse. I do not like to be worried because I hate to add any stress to dear Mr. White horse's life.
Anyways, I sigh and tell my mother that I am fine and grab a plate and start scooping eggs and sausage. I set down at our tiny kitchen table and start gobbling down eggs.
"So Lenon, I scheduled your check in appointment with Dr. Drew for next Thursday. He's very excited to see you again" mother says sipping coffee. I put down my fork and look her in the eyes. Dr. Drew pretends to be a good person but deep down I know he is evil. I shake my head and continue eating my breakfast.
"He says he is going to have to do a lot of testing for his evil science lab project" she says in a eerie tone.
I look up only to find my mom peacefully sipping her coffee and reading the New York Times magazine.
"What did you say mom" I ask.
Mother looked at me confused and tilted her head to one side," I don't believe I said anything dear" she replies. I shrug my shoulders and continue eating....