Chapter 12: Danger

Whilst they were walking into the forest, Chanyeol lead the way back to their house. He felt excited to tell the others that he found Hana strolling in the forest. He wanted them to persuade her to live with them and leave Bohyeon behind. All he wanted was for her to be safe and never be turned into a full vampire-- that would be a nightmare for him.

Hana, on the other hand, didn't feel safe at all. She was doubting everything that's about to happen. It didn't feel right while she's following Chanyeol and listening to his little stories. Sure, it was great listening to all of it but she felt like someone has been following them. She's probably wrong but the aura around suffocates her from doubt.

Chanyeol noticed how her expression changed from earlier. "Are you okay?" he asked carefully before stopping his tracks and turned to face her. She looked up at him before nodding, but if you look deeper in her eyes it's obvious that she's lying. He heaved a sigh and said, "you can tell me what's wrong, Hana" he looked away from her gaze. Saying her name made his heart skip a bit, especially that she's right in front of him now. He missed her a lot. If only she remembers everything, he would've hugged her already. But that's not the case right now.

Hana stiffened as she quietly gulped. She wasn't sure whether to tell him how she's feeling or not. She hasn't fully trusted the man so she was being careful. But she felt like telling him since she couldn't handle it anymore. Before she could say it, she looked around to check if someone is really there with them. Leaning in slightly to his ear, she whispered, "I have a feeling someone is following us" and that made Chanyeol look around. He frowned whilst his eyes were scanning the area. He guessed that it would be Bohyeon since Hana is with him, but maybe it was someone else.

Without hesitations, he carried Hana which made her surprised. "Put me down!" she told him but he ignored her. He had no choice but to run quickly before they're both caught. This was the only time he wished he had Kai's powers so he could just teleport them back in the house. "Close your eyes" he seriously said, making Hana shut her mouth from whining and just followed what he told her to do. Once she has done it, he started running as fast as he can.

This was the same feeling she had when Bohyeon ran into the forest while carrying her. He was running fast too like how he ran before. She was curious how they could run fast but wouldn't dare to open her eyes. She didn't want him to get mad at her just because of a small thing she did. After what felt like a minute, the breeze that was hitting her skin stopped. "You can open your eyes now" Hana heard him say as she fluttered her eyes open only to see a mansion. Chanyeol carefully place her down to her feet as she looked at it in awe. "This is where you live?" she asked, taking a few steps closer to what it seems like a backyard.

Chanyeol just smiled and followed her from behind. He didn't answer her question because everything felt like a slow motion. It's not like he didn't hear what she said, rather, he just chose to enjoy this moment which he knew will be gone soon. What she felt earlier in the forest made him think that someone is really following them and he just ignored that feeling since Hana was the only one in his mind. He didn't bother to even know his surroundings just because the girl he loves is in front of him. And now it feels like he has lead danger to their place. He started having a small feeling of regret.

Before Hana could even take another step, someone came out from the backdoor with shock written all over his face when he saw Hana. Chanyeol was about to call out his name but he quickly went back inside. He glanced at the girl, who is now beside him, and noticed her confused look. "Why did he looked like he just saw a ghost when he saw me?" she asked as she scratched her head. Chanyeol let out a light chuckle and shook his head, "don't mind him, he's just surprised to see you"

"Why?" she questioned once again but this time, he fell quiet. He didn't know how he should answer her question but he opened his mouth. He was about to say something when the door suddenly opened, seeing everyone with a surprised look on their faces.

Eunji slowly took a few steps closer to Hana as she mumbled, "is that really you?" she had the urge to tear up but she didn't want to show her weak side. Hana was confused but she felt the sadness in her voice.

Hana didn't know what to say and was unsure of what to do. Standing there and doing nothing would be quite awkward but she doesn't even know who these people are... or does she? Before she could even speak, they heard footsteps from the forest. It was no surprise that he would be here.

"Well, well, well, look who we have here" Bohyeon started with a smirk and the word 'danger' was written all over his face. Everyone glared at him as for Hana, she just stood there clueless of what's happening. Bohyeon stretched his arm and gestured Hana to come closer to him. "Come here, Hana" he told her but before she could do it, Chanyeol's arm stopped her from doing so. His gaze were still on Bohyeon as he said, "she's not going anywhere around you" which made Bohyeon chuckle deeply.

Seeing this side of Bohyeon, Hana slightly felt frightened. He looked totally different from his usual self. "Hana, do you even know who they are? They're the bad guys here! They are the reason why you lost your--"

"Cut the crap, Bohyeon! Stop manipulating her. You're twisting the story so you could have her all by yourself!" Eunji growled, making Bohyeon lose his words. If looks can kill, all of them would've been dead already. His glare was stronger than some vampires behind him.

"Do you even believe in them, Hana? Do you think they're the ones to be trusted? They just want you to be go--"

Before Bohyeon could even finish what he's saying, he was punched by Eunji. In a blink of an eye, she's already in front of him. Hana gasped and wanted to run towards Bohyeon to help him but someone held her hand, preventing her from going near the vampire who just got punched by a girl. "Lay, Tao, Kai, bring her in and keep her safe!" Eunji shouted as the three boys nodded and pulled her in. Even though Hana was against it, they had no choice.

The backyard became a war zone. Even though they have Hana with them, they knew Bohyeon has something in his mind.

=====

Another update!

I'm trying my best to update as much as I can because I have other books to publish. I can't publish them if I haven't finished one of my unfinished books. So here I am again to give you a new update!

I'm sorry if this was short or whatsoever. I also wanna thank those who have stayed to read this! I still hope someone does read it.

See you in the next chapter!

QOTD: Will Bohyeon have Hana back?