Chapter 14: Memories

Before Tao could even place his hand on Hana's head, Kai held his arm which stopped him. They both stared at each other as if they were having a staring contest. Kai pushed Tao's arm away from Hana, causing Tao to stumble slightly. "You're not gonna do it, Tao" he said in a stern way, making the younger sigh deeply. Tao looked at him with that unreadable expression of his and said, "if she wants to remember then this is the easiest way" they both looked serious and had a heated stare until Lay joined in their conversation.

"You're just going to put your life into danger, Tao. Besides, Eunji wouldn't want that to happen to you" the oldest among the three said. They all turned quiet before Tao could even put his head down, not wanting to meet their gaze. At this point, he didn't care whether something might happen to him while letting Hana remember her memories-- he wanted to help her. He wanted her to remember everything once again and he was ready for whatever happens to him.

Staring down at his hands, he mumbled, "at least let me make her remember some of it" it was audible enough for them to hear. Though they were still against it, they've decided to give it a try. They were only worried for Tao-- he's risking his life for Hana. They understand his situation because they'd do the same but without Eunji's consent, they wouldn't want to do it.

Once again, Tao placed his hand on Hana's head. She looked up to him with a questionable expression on her face as he said, "close your eyes" and without any doubt, she followed his order. Closing her eyes, she suddenly felt her heart beating quite fast. She didn't know what was happening but she sure do feel nervous. As he watched her close her eyes, he breathed in and did the same before bringing her back in time.

Everything went silent, nothing could be heard. It was until memories of before flashed into her mind. The day where she moved in with Eunji and met them. All of it were happening so quickly until a certain memory came-- it was her under the water. She didn't know why she was in there because it was cut off when Tao moved his hand away from her as he collapsed on the floor. The two quickly went towards Tao to help him up as Hana fluttered her eyes open. She stared into thin air and didn't even move a single muscle.

They stared at her, expecting a reaction but they received none. She turned her gaze to them and asked, "why was I under the water?" they gave her an unreadable expression. It was something they didn't want her to remember but it seems like Tao did. "That's not important, but do you remember some of it now?" Lay told her, making her nod a little.

Why is that memory not important? Why would Tao even make her remember that scene when it isn't important? Questions ran into Hana's mind as she looked away from them and stared into nothing. Most of her questions were answered but there were still some that weren't and she's desperate to know. Before she could even speak, the door flew open.

There, stands Bohyeon with his bloody red eyes. To Hana, he looked frightening as ever. She has never seen him like that till now. When their eyes met, a sudden flash of memory came in her mind. Those red eyes, she have seen it before.

"Give her back or get killed" Bohyeon said with a deadly tone in his voice. Kai held onto my wrist and pulled me behind them. He didn't let go and never thought of letting go. He was ready to disappear from this hell with her. Tao and Lay knew what was going on in Kai's mind and with that, they've made a plan.

=====

New update!

Sorry for making you all wait. I've been doing a lot of outdoor activities with my family and friends and I had to find for inspiration to continue on with this book.

I hope you all like this chapter!