Chapter 13: Keeping You Safe

The three pulled her in the library as they locked the doors even though they knew it would break down easily if some vampires tries to come in. Hana wasn't in the right mind at the moment, as she was very confused. She's clueless of what's happening now and whatever is happening in the backyard must be something serious. Although she wanted to stay, she wanted to run away from all these mess. It's true that she doesn't know these people but why does it seem like they've known her for so long?

Lay made her sit down on a chair, patting her shoulder to calm her down. "It's okay, we won't hurt you" he told her with a calming voice. It soothed her at least and relaxed on the chair. Hana looked at the three as one caught her attention. She was sure that she had seen him before and no doubt he looked different. Trying to remember his name, she thought for a while.

Tao, on the other hand, held a hourglass as he stared at Hana. He was standing somewhere further from them, not wanting to be bothered. Glancing at the hourglass, he sighed deeply. The thought of bringing her back in time to remember everything was everywhere in his mind. Although it was risky, all he wanted was for her to remember everything about them. Every memory that they've had together. Seeing Chanyeol locking himself in his room back then got him broken, and so were the others. He didn't want anyone to be in pain again-- he was tired of seeing that. Bringing her back in time would be a great idea, just like what Eunji said while they were planning, but it could risk Tao's life.

There's a fifty(50) percent chance that he would survive but there's a fifty(50) percent chance he won't. Sure, Tao is afraid to lose his life but he would do it for them. He would do everything just to make them happy again.

Lay was looking out at the window to make sure no one will come by there while Kai sat on the chair opposite to Hana. They were both staring at each other but eventually broke when she looked away. Kai never had this moment with her, even back then. After all, she was with Chanyeol all the time. Hana opened her mouth and mumbled, "your name is Kai, right?" making Kai nod his head.

She slightly frowned whilst staring at the bookshelves that were surrounding them. "Do you know who Taehyung is?" she asked quietly, making the three look at her. They might not know who he is but asking them wouldn't hurt. If they knew who that person is, her answers might be answered by them. She was ready to know everything that made her curious and confused by what Taehyung have told her.

Kai nodded his head once again and questioned, "why?" the other two were listening at their conversation while being the lookout. They, too, wanted to know what's up. "We went to a cottage, which he said to be where he lives and told me that... you were my friend. I asked you because he seems to know you" Hana started fidgeting her fingers as she looked down, not wanting to see his gaze on her.

Lay heaved a sigh and turn his gaze to Hana as he said, "do you not remember?" it had a hint of sadness in his voice which was too obvious. Hana felt sorry for not remembering anything. She wanted to know more about her past and what happened to her to have this kind of amnesia. She was tired of asking questions but never had an answer for them. Since she's here, she wanted to take this opportunity to know more about herself. They seemed to be someone who she can trust.

Tao placed the hourglass back to where it was before and stepped closer to them. "Do you really want to remember, Hana?" he asked, making Kai and Lay look at him and confusion.

"Tao, you won't do it, would you?" Lay questioned, trying to get the younger's attention but failed.

He stared at Hana with an unreadable expression and said, "what I'll be doing is for the best anyway"

=====

Cliffhanger? Sure, why not.

I hope you like this chapter and I apologize deeply if it's short. I tried making it long but I can't help but put a cliffhanger. I'm sorry!

QOTD: will Tao succeed to let Hana remember everything?