Chapter 2 : Introduction

Present Time

Okay, enough of the reminiscence and let’s get a move on. That day was one of the worst in my entire 17 years of existence and was trying so hard not to recall that often but if you’re still wondering what happen afterwards, it was epic. I made the wisest and most heroic decision in my life, I ran. After ensuring that the other Pokémon were safely gone, I tuck Shaymin on my jacket packet, got on my feet and ran my butt off. Well of course she was on my tail until everything went cliché. Others from my clan found me and she was smart enough to realize she was obviously outnumbered. But ever since that incident, a day hasn’t passed that I didn’t stopped for a moment and wonder what could’ve happened to Shielah that made her want to join the evil clan Havoc.

I got home safely that day with Shaymin in tow. The tricky part is no one from our clan knew or seen him except from our clan founder. As if on cue, a knock on the door caught my attention.

“Jess.” A familiar voice from behind the door said.

I checked the time again; it’s now four in the morning. This is a very early visit. I didn’t answer immediately because I know that will annoy him.

“Jessaise, I know you’re awake so open the door this instance.” He said a pitch louder.

I walk towards the door. As it flew open, a man with black tousled hair, night black eyes and a ragged-in-a-good-kinda-way looks came into view. He was in traveling clothes so I assume he’s going to a trip but he looked too spent to be freshly out of bed. So he must’ve gotten home.

“Imposing you’re Clan Founder Power huh, Leyn?” I said too coolly.

“Well, good morning to you as well. Can I come in? I have matters to discuss with you.” He answered, his eyes travelled around the room and settled momentarily on Shaymin who was still sleeping.

Well, he’s not up for my smart mouth which means this is serious mode. I step aside and let him pass through, closing the door after him. He picks a chair nearby and settles it near the bed, near Shaymin. Just like me, he truly adores this Pokémon. I sat on the bed opposite him.

“So, what brings you here?” I asked. He looks uncertain for a moment but it quickly vanished as he begun to speak.

“When was the last time you accepted a job request?” he asked in return.

“Hmm, it’s been a while; let me see, I think about four or more weeks ago. Why?”

“Here, check this one out.” Leyn said handing me two sheets of paper stapled together. I held it in front of me and read.

“Omega Regional Live Battle Tournament” I raised an eyebrow. “And what am I supposed to do with this?”

“Isn’t it obvious I’m sending you there? It is an Omega region’s major event so we have to make sure it proceeds and ends smoothly.” He replied.

My mind continued reading. The yearly Omega Regional Tournament is back and is more fun filled and exciting as we set the stage for the toughest, strongest and smartest trainer together with their Pokémon in the beautiful and snowy landscapes of Redhem Town.

“Redhem Town?” I blurted out. “That’s like at the farthest north end of this region. Can’t somebody else go? I mean, if I go, nobody will look after Shaymin while I’m away...” I mumbled but he cut me midsentence.

“Well that brings me to my second point. See, it’s almost already been a month and Shaymin as well has become a prisoner here. I truly believe it will be good for it to breathe some fresh air and have a change of scenery. Don’t give me that how-about-it’s-safety reason because you and I both know you’re more than capable of protecting it.”