Chapter 15 : Misunderstood

It's already been three days since the attack and the revelation of Shaymin's existence. There were really minimal damage as they said and the clan was already back in its usual pace. I know it shouldn't have surprised me but it really did that everyone easily embraced the idea of my self-implicated protection of Shaymin that brought the most vicious of clans to come attack us. The moment they saw it, of course, there was a moment of awe. We only heard of Shaymin's existence from legends and books so staring at it in the flesh is a completely different thing. And after everything was laid out, all of them were chanting in unison as if hypnotized, "Protect Shaymin!" over and over again. That was a lot easier than I ever imagined.
Now, Shaymin roams the whole headquarters freely. I still freak out whenever it's not in my room but it will always suddenly burst into the door and eventually it gets to the point that I told myself it's just pointless paranoia. I'm just glad I'm not alone in this anymore. I shook my head. I was never alone in this from the very beginning.
Leyn was stubborn and refused to tell me who informed him that the clan will get attacked. He said it's just coincidence and he'll never send me away if he knew. And I know he knows I didn't buy it. I can tell he's just lying because his nose gets a bit bigger everytime he does. In the end I just left him alone.
I scrambled out of my bed and decided to search where Shaymin went. It's late afternoon and there are only a few people lounging around. Noel went out for a job request with Kai and Vespercore somewhere near Treebranch Town. Sandrine is probably in her gym. And I think the rest has other things to do but I don't usually stick my nose to other people's businesses so I really have no idea where they are.
Common room, not in here. Kitchen, nope. Arena, not in here either. Where could it have gone? "Maybe Leyn's." I mumbled. I hurried to his room and knock.
"Come in." Leyn answered from behind the door. I do as I told and saw him behind his desk staring out the window. I was about to ask but he beat me in speaking.
"It's not in here." he said without looking but he waved at me to look at what he was watching. I paced towards the window and look.
Logan, a senior, and Sandrine was standing opposite each other in the backyard battlefield. On Kenji's side stood the pink balloon pokemon Igglybuff. So cute. And on Sandrine's side stood, no else but Shaymin. I raise an eyebrow.
"I bet you never let it try a battle." Leyn said.
"It always watches me though." I shrugged nonchalantly.
Pinkish gas started to ooze off of Shaymin's flowers. I know too clearly how that smells like. Sandrine's expression soften a bit, enjoying Sweet Scent. It surrounded Igglybuff and the balloon pokemon seemed to ponder what just happened. The pink pollen sticks to it's body rendering it a bit less mobile. Logan muttered something and Igglybuff run, more like bounce, towards Shaymin. It hits it with one of it's arm. Pound. Shaymin grimaced and I flinched. Leyn snorted.
"You know it wouldn't even cause a scratch, would it?" he asked.
Of course I do It's just I got used to this strong urge of protecting the gratitude pokemon but I didn't say it out loud.
Igglybuff started to wag it's hands from left to right. Metronome. It stopped then black smoke suddenly came rushing out of its mouth. I stared wide eyed.
"Oh no not Smoke Screen." I chided but it's too ate. Smoke already surrounded Shaymin. It gets obscured from my view but I know it already absorbed the pollution into its petals. Sandrine and Logan were both oblivious of what's happening, so is Leyn. I'm already on my way down but he stops me.
"It's dangerous." I said. He just raised an eyebrow at me. I came back near the window. The smoke is almost gone and Shaymin was shining. The two trainers stared at it and then...
Puff...
My jaw literally almost dropped to the floor as white smoke filled the battlefield. That was Seed Flare?
"Oh, doesn't seem to be dangerous to me." Leyn said and I can sense some teasing there. The smoke cleared and Logan and Sandrine came into view with Igglybuff and Shaymin on their laps. All of them charred from the smoke, laughing.
"You always tends to overreact with things concerning Shaymin. You should ease up a little bit. Show me that Grass Champion stance of yours." He said poking me on the shoulder.
"Maybe." I said a smile on my face. I shifted my gaze and my eyes caught something that almost made my heart jump out of my mouth. Red hair, hazels eyes. Shielah. I stare in horror. Hse was so close to Shaymin. Just beyond the fence, hidden by a maple tree. The memory of Heatran blurred my mind and I can't seem to move my feet. I wanted to bolt right out of here and into the battlefield where Shaymin is. Leyn noticed my expression and look to the direction I was looking. He squinted his eyes, not as bewildered as I am. If he only know who that person is, he wouldn't be as calm. I finally manage to uproot my feet from the floor and started towards the door. I'm halfway there when he called out.
"Hey." he said. I stop but kept my back to him.
"I just think you might want to know who that person is."
I didn't need to confirm but I know we are referring with the same person. I wanted to yell at him that I perfectly know that person. She was my bestfriend and she just attempted to kill me but I just let him speak.
"She was the one who informed me about Havoc's attack." Leyn finished.