Dream

Anna (POV) day after funeral

"I want mummy!  Daddy!  Jojo they're coming back for me right.  They didn't forget me.  Daddy says he will be back.  That boy I met earlier today told me he had seen them.  So why hadn't they come back to me."

Standing on my two foot I looked around to find myself alone.  Where is everyone?  Uncy, aunty!

"You, stay out of my way brat."  I bumped into her.

"Sorry Shay." 

"Eww, what is this thing."  Grabbing Jojo she held it above me.

"Give that back."  I screamed.

"Who you mean this."  Shay had ripped his head off before throwing Jojo back to me and scampering off.

Picking up pieces of Jojo I sobbed.  Maybe aunty can fix it for me or uncy.

"Uncy."  My voice soft.

Walking around I followed the light that shown through the door.  As I walked closer the voices behind that door grew louder.

"Randy! You can do that, she's my niece."

"If we don't then what we did will be for nothing."

What are they talking about?  Something tells me they are talking grown up things.

"She is my brother's daughter.  It is rightful hers."

"No!  I worked hard for him and he gives sole rights to that kid."

"Her name is Anna.  And no I will not let you do that to her.  She is the only one left from my brother's side.  She's just a little girl."

Peaking, they both were glaring at each other.  I know I shouldn't be here.  I want uncy to fix Jojo.  If I come in now would he get mad.

"If you do not do as I say then I will."  Just then aunty had grabbed his arm.

"No, if you lay a finger on her, then I will turn you in to the police for what you did."

Uncy had laughed.  I never heard him laugh like that before.  His laugh were usually kind but this uncy has scared me. He looked angry.  Are they angry at me.  Did I do something wrong.  Is that way mummy and daddy left me.

Maybe I'm a bad girl after all.  I remember that boy saying I had to be a good girl.

"Do not threaten me Clarissa."  Uncy had roughly pushed her.  At that moment I had never seen aunty so afraid.  She looked afraid.

"No Randy, if you kill her I will report you."

Slap.  Aunty was now on the ground holding her cheeks.  Uncy had hit her.  He had hit her.  Why.  They keep saying my name. 

Standing on her feet I watched aunty pulled out a toy gun from her drawer.  Oh they are playing.

I want to play too.  But something tells me I should let them play.

So I let them, and went back to my room.  I'll ask uncy to fix my teddy later after his play date with aunty.

Suddenly a loud bang was heard and it frightened me.  "Daddy what was that noisy."  I heard Shay's voice.

"Go to your room now!"  I heard uncy yell.  It was a first time hearing him yell.  It scared me.

Crawling under my bed with Jojo I waited there silently till I heard foot steps.  "Princess."  It was uncy.  He was back to his usual self.