Vampires

3RD PERSON'S POV.

"I still don't understand, how can shadowhunter's be better than what you people call mundanes?" Clary asked as she stopped at the foyer of the institute and looked at the three shadowhunters.

"Because we protect humans." Isabelle answered.

"You're right, humans, you protect humans. You not only left Simon alone in the van, you also left Thea alone. Great job guys, you rock." Clary responded sarcastically.

"There is some truth to the idea that human beings should have a modicum of common sense." Alec butted in with crossed arms.

"Alec, not now." Izzy scold him, even though she knew he was trying to keep calm from the cause of Thea being taken, but in all honesty, Izzy was also trying to keep herself calm.

"Look they won't do anything to Simon or Thea. They just want to draw you out. They want the cup and they think you have it." Jace explained to Clary.

"But why do they think that?! Why does anyone think that? What, my mom lies to me my entire life except, "Oh by the way, there's a cup I his, like the planet Bongo, but don't tell anyone." What am I suppose to do now?" Clary said.

"We have to report this to the clave, they have to know what we've learned about Valentine." Alec stated.

"What? That he's my father? Great, fine, tell them. What good does that do Simon or Thea?" Clary questioned.

"Clary, it's all connected, the vamps want the cup." Jace stated.

"Why? It makes new shadowhunters." Clary asked with confusion.

"Nobody wants Valentine forming an army loyal to himself." Alec said, rolling his eyes.

"Plus it controls demons." Isabelle added.

"They'll propose a trade, Simon and Thea for the cup." Jace stated.

"So, vampires will trade Simon for the cup and Valentine will trade my mom for the cup. Either way I lose someone I love." Clary whined and caught a glimpse of Alec's expression saddening. She wasn't there for almost a day, but she knew... Alec needed Thea, "What if I just toss it in the air, and let them fight for it among themselves?"

"So this doesn't matter to you?" Alec asked and his expression turned from sadness to anger and annoyance.

"Yes, of course it matters. Listen, when you saved my life, I put my trust in you, now you need to put your trust in me. I can't turn into what you are overnight." Clary said.

"It's true. She was raised as a mundane." Isabelle confirmed.

"What are you, her spokesman now?" Alec asked his sister with sass.

"I don't need a spokesman, I need a plan." Clary said before walking to the tech room.

THEA'S POV.

I opened my eyes and I felt pain all over my body. I looked around and noticed that I was in a dark, cold room. I tried to get up, but I heard a clank of chains. I looked down and saw that my wrists were tied together with chains.

 I looked down and saw that my wrists were tied together with chains