Finding Magnus Bane

"Magnus' lair is right behind that fence." Jace stated as we entered the warehouse.

"Magnus lives in a warehouse?" Clary asked.

"Not exactly, warlock glamour." I answered and Isabelle put her hand, signaling us to stop.

"Something's wrong, it's far too easy to get this close." She told us.

"His protective wards must be down." Jace said.

"You, don't get in the way." Alec told Clary and she glared at him. I then saw a circle member killing what it seems to be a warlock.

"Oh, god! Valentine found Magnus!" Clary yelled and we rushed towards them. Alec and I went to go find Magnus.

Cat's eyes, be nice addition to my collection." We heard a circle member tell someone.

Alec and I turned to a corner to see a circle member standing in front of Magnus. Alec then shot the guy in the thigh.

Magnus threw the circle member down on a bookshelf with his magic.

"Well done." Alec complemented as I drew down my weapon.

"More like a medium-rare." Magnus stated before turning around, spotting me and he started walking forward, "I'm Magnus. I don't think we've been formally introduced."

"Thea. This is Alec." I introduced politely with a smile, pointing to Alec. I could feel the tension between the two, so I decided to break it off, "We should probably get going.

"Right, we should join the party." Magnus agreed.

"Right." Alec said with jealousy in his voice and we walked to the others.

"Magnus." A young girl voiced as she came running to him. She then embraced him with relief.

"Go join the others, my dear. This is no place for a little girl. Go." Magnus told her as he released her and she ran to another direction. He looked at Clary with a smile, "I heard what you did for Zoe. You risked you life without hesitation to save a young warlock child."

She was just a girl and was in trouble. I had no choice." Clary said to him.

"You always have a choice. You aren't like the others, Clary Fairchild. Most shadowhunters protect downworlders out of sense of duty, but you saved young Zoe because of what was inside your heart. You're more like your mother than you will ever know." Magnus told Clary.

"Magnus, please... You can't hide from this battle. Look, Valentine, he found you once, he will do it again. We need to work together. Help us." Clary said with her pleading eyes.

"I can summon the demon, but you must make the demand. Now, I warn you, retrieving you memories will not be easy." He warned the redhead.

"I will do what I have to do." She declared determinedly.

"Alright, but we're not safe here. The lair's location has been compromised." Magnus stated and his fingers began to spark, "Hold tight, everyone, we're about to move."

And with that, we appeared in Magnus' lair.

"Ah, much better. Ugh, it's inevitable. After each move, I get the itch to redecorate. Normally, I love a dirty lair, but this one is just sloppy." Magnus said as he put his foot on the table in front of him to adjust it while looking at me and I smiled before walking away to get my magic to work.

ALEC'S POV.

"I believe in payment for service rendered." Magnus stated as he held out the ruby necklace to my sister, "Thank you for defending the warlocks."