City Of Bones

"Yeah, this place isn't creepy. Not at all." Simon stated as we climbed out of the van.

"Don't tell me you're afraid." Izzy said.

"Are you kidding? I was born afraid...which sounded a lot better in my head." Simon replied and I giggled.

"Let's check it out." Alec said as Izzy, Jace and I followed behind him.

We kept walking until we were away from Clary and Simon.

"Hey. If something goes wrong, if something happens to her that's on us you know that, don't you?" Alec told Jace.

"And do you know what would happen to us if Valentine gets the cup before we do? She's lost everything, Alec. I know exactly what that feels like. And what's your problem with her anyway? Your family always used to welcome strays." Jace asked his parabatai.

"You and Thea were never strays." Alec told Jace before looking at me.

"The point is nothing's changed. We're in this fight together. There's just...one more of us." Jace said before looking at Clary.

"Clary, come on, it's all clear." I called and we started walking. When we stopped at the entrance of the city of bones, Simon tried to walk inside, but Jace stopped him.

"Alright, hold up." Jace said to the mundie.

"Surprise, surprise no mundanes allowed. Just like in the training room, right? Wrong. I've seen every horror movie there ever made and the funny best friend who gets left behind...dead man." Simon said, making me chuckle and he sent me a smile. I like this guy.

"You're not that funny, but by all means go ahead." Jace said, gesturing for Simon to move forward," of course the minute you enter you die." Jace stated and Simon turned around to look at him.

"The problem is,now I don't trust you." Simon said.

"He's not lying." I told the nerdy boy.

"Now. He was before." Isabelle added.

"The rune energy in the city of bones will kill any mundane that dares to enter. So please." Alec offered to Simon and I punched his arm,"Ow." He said, glaring at me and I sent him an innocent smile.

"The brothers creep me out, I'll mind the mundane." Izzy volunteered, grabbing Simon's arm.

"Your sacrifice is noted Izzy." Jace commented.

"Talk about sacrifice, I'm missing a financial analysis class." Simon stated.

"I can't be here anymore, so Jace, Thea and I are going to go mine the perimeters." Alec said before intertwining our fingers and pulling me with him. Oh, god, please help me...

I could feel anger around Alec and I was confused on why he had this emotion. I waited until we were away from everyone else until I decided to confront my boyfriend.

"Alec?" I asked and when he heard it he let go of my hand and walked faster.

"Alec Gideon Lightwood, can you stop for one second?" I shouted, but he kept walking. I then sighed and made myself appear right in front of him.

"How did you..." Alec asked, pointing to where I stood before.

"I'm a witch, Alec. Don't act so surprised." I said with narrowed eyes. He then rolled his eyes at me and walked past me. I scoffed before turning around,"What is your problem?"

"Oh, I don't know, Thea. Why don't you go ask your new mundane boyfriend." He said, turning to look at me. I looked at him confused until I realized what he meant.