Chapter 1.

"Here we are!!" My mother squeals as we drive through the Stone gage gates and into the campus. The campus looks just as great in person as it did in the brochures and online, I'm impressed. The buildings are old and elegant. Hundreds of people, parents hugging and kissing your children goodbye, clusters of freshman dressed head to toe in Washington State University gear, and a few stragglers lost and confused, fill the area. The size of the campus is intimidating but hopefully after a few weeks, I will feel home. The orientation is short and I sit alone, my usual forte. The seemingly nice middle-aged woman gives me my dorm key and sends me away. I already feel more freedom than I have in the last 18 years.

"I wanted to see you dorm room before I go honey! I just can't believe you're in college. My only daughter, a college student, living on her own. I just can't believe it!" She whines and wipes her eyes careful not to mess up her makeup. Noah was carrying my bags as we navigate to the Corridor.

"Now just be sure you remember everything I told you! You don't want to do anything to ruin your future." She checks the time of the watch a watch that she certainly couldn't afford but purchased anyway.

"It's B 22.. We are in C hall." I told them. Luckily, I see a large B painted on the wall.

"Down here." I instructed and they follow. I'm thankful that I only brought a few clothes a blanket and some favorite books with me. Noah gets leas to carry.

"B 22.." my mother huffs. Her heals are outrageously high for the amount of walking we have endured. I slide the key into the old wooden door, it creeks open and my mother gasps. The room is small with two tiny beds and two desks. My eyes traveled to the reason of why my mother is surprised. One side the room is covered in music posters, most are bands I've never heard of. The faces on them covered in piercings and tattoos.

"Hey," the stranger says offering a smile. Her smile is quite intriguing, much to my surprise.

"I'm Dinah," she says and sits up on her elbows.

"Hey I'm Camila," I choke, all of my manners flying out the door.

"Welcome to WSU where the dorms are tiny and the parties are huge," the crimson haired girl grins. Her head falls back into a fit of laughter. My mothers jaw is resting, wide open on the carpet and Noah shifts uncomfortably. Dinah walks over closing the gap between us and raps her skinny arms around me. I am taken back by her affection but I returned her kind gesture. A knock sounds at the door and Noah drops my bags onto the floor and I can't help but hope that this is all some sort of sick joke.

"Come in!" my roommate yells. The door opens and two girls walk inside before finishing her greeting.

Maybe Washington State was a bad decision. I assume the by the pained expression covering my mothers face, she is thinking the same. The poor woman looks as if she is going to pass out at any second. I don't blame her.

"Hey, you Dinah's roomie?" the short girl asks. She doesn't have as many tattoos as the other girl but she has some.

"Uhm.. yea. My name is Camila," I manage to say.

"I'm Ally. Don't look so nervous, it throws people off." she says with a smile, reaching out to touch my shoulder. "You'll love it here," her smile is warm and inviting despite her harsh appearance.

"I'm ready guys," Dinah says grabbing her thick, black bag from the bed. My eyes shift to the tall brown haired girl leaning against the wall. Her hair is messy and hangs over her left eye. Pushed back off of her forehead and she has metal in her eye brow and lip. My eyes travel down her black T-shirt to her arms which are full of tattoos as well, not an inch of untouched skin is seen. I expect her to introduce herself but she doesn't, instead she rolls her eyes in annoyance and pulls out a cell phone from the pocket of her tight, black jeans. She definitely isn't as friends as her short friend.

"See you 'round Camila," Ally says and the three of them exit the room. I let out a long breath. To say that was uncomfortable would be an understatement.

"You are getting a new dorm!" My mother yells as soon and the sore clicks shut.

"No, I can't." I sigh. "It's fine, mother." I do my best to hide my nerves. I don't know how well this will work out either but the last thing I want is my overbearing mother causing a scene on my first day of college.
"I'm sure she won't be around anyway," I try to convince her, along with myself.

"Absolutely not, we are going to switch now," her long blonde hair is flipped to one shoulder, "you will not be in a room with someone who allows makes into her room, those punks at that!" she shrieks.

"Mother .. please," I look into her blue eyes then to Noah, "let's just see how it goes. Please." I beg. she looks around the room again, taking in the décor covering Dinah's side and huffs dramatically.

"Fine." she spits, much to my surprise.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys! so I'm going to try to update maybe 2-3 times a week! Favorite and share with your fellow harmonizers! :) <3