Surprise!!!!!!

The next morning, Mal silently followed Jay outside to do chores, and stayed quiet throughout the rest of the day. Her ranch hands, family, and Auradon members talked to her, but she wouldn't talk to them, or back at them. A couple of days after the letter had been read, Jane and Doug announced that they were sick of being cooped up in a ranch house in Colorado doing nothing. They were hoping it would take some pressure off of Mal, and she wouldn't be as stressed. Mal was sitting at the dining room table one night, doing check booking, and she got up to get a different calculator. She sat back down, and Jay kissed the top of her head as he passed her. He went back to change the loads of laundry, as the current load was full of their work clothes.

Mal tapped her pencil against the table, and Elena came down the stairs with Melissa and Spencer in her arms. Jackson came downstairs after her. They didn't notice Mal sitting at the table, as they started talking to each other about how to handle Mal's silence. Mal let their conversation pass through her ears, but she didn't pay attention. "I heard that Evie's planning on kissing Jay tonight while M is out doing chores." That's when Mal's head shot up. She started to further listen into their conversation, and she heard that Evie was also planning on seducing Jay. Mal turned away from their conversation, and concentrated on the paperwork. She finished balancing both checkbooks, and then picked up her work files. She read through them, and she noticed something. The market was falling behind again, and was shooting up and down every other week. She picked that specific file up and stood up. She found Jay, and leaned against the doorway, as she showed him everything.

"I hate the market. The prices go through the roof, and shoot lower than the ground, at the most random times." Jay said stuffing all the laundry into a basket. "By the way, if you want to look over the sales from the Denver Auction, I'll leave them on the table, and don't let Evie get near you." Mal said and Jay looked up. "What?" Jay asked. "I said I'd leave the Denver Auction sale folder on the table." "No. After that." Jay said. "I said don't let Evie get near you." Mal said. "Why is that?" Jay asked standing up. Mal finally felt happy, as she said, "No specific reason." She winked at him, and turned to leave, but Jay caught his wife's wrist. "No reason huh?" Jay asked, flicking his eyebrow up. Mal smirked at him, and flirtingly pecked his lips. "Chore time." Mal said and turned back towards the hallway. "Fuck chores." Jay whispered underneath his breath. Mal laughed and turned to face him again.

She got in real close to him and said, "How about, after I finish with chores, we could, you know, kiss or something." "Sounds good to me." Jay said and went to kiss the top of her head, but she ducked. "I'll be back in an hour." Mal said and kissed his cheek, before going outside. "Uggghhhh. She tortures me." Jay said quietly. "You lead a hard life Jay." Jackson said from the hallway. "I didn't know you were watching us." "Not for long." Jackson said. "Is there something you need?" Jay asked. "Look, I know I haven't been the smartest, or greatest person in the world, but I was so busy with keeping Elena happy with her mood swings, and keeping track and taking care of the twins, that I didn't notice that Mal wasn't happy." "I wouldn't say that around her, or she'll go ballistic on you." Jay said. Jackson followed Jay around the corner saying, "I understand, and I deserve it. My dad always says that family comes first, and I let my sister down. I know this won't make up for it, but, Elena, my dad, and I were talking, and we thought if you guys took a vacation, and got away from here, she could be happier again. So, that's why we got you guys plane tickets to Hawaii."

Jay looked at Jackson like he was crazy. "I'm not kidding. We really feel bad about this, and we know we messed up big time. We thought, after you guys get back, we could maybe try and come to an understanding." Jackson said, and Jay shrugged. "Who would take care of the ranch?" "We would, and your ranch hands come everyday as well, and we'll do whatever is needed." "What about keeping track of all the paperwork?" "Dad offered to do that, since he's good with math, and that he's done it for a long time before you and M took over the reins." "I guess that would be okay. I'll talk to Mal, but I'm sure she'll agree." Jay said. Jackson handed Jay the envelope, and Jay took the tickets out. "You got us round trip tickets, in first class?" Jay asked surprised. Jackson nodded, "And we also got you a luxury hotel too, to stay for the 2 weeks." "You guys did all that?" "Of course. You and Mal really deserve a vacation, since you've been working really hard, and going through a rough time." "Thanks. I'll tell Mal, and then, I guess, Hawaii, here we come." Jay said.