1 Month later...

It was late at night. About 10:00 or so. Matt had already gone to sleep. I couldnt sleep though. Something didnt feel quite right. I got up and looked at Matt. Seeing him happily asleep made me happy. I smiled at him and walked into the living room. I sat down on the couch and looked out the window. It felt like half an hour I must have been just sitting there looking out the window. I was thinking about the first day we met. And our first date. When we were on the ground laughing and our first kiss happened. When he helped me with my wound. I yawned and nod off.

Than i started having a flashback. But it wasnt a good flashback. And it wasnt the same as when it actually happened. It was that night Matt was trying to get my wound to heal. When I was screaming in agony. I was having a nightmare and i couldnt wake up from it. I started screaming. I was so scared of it. But it wasnt like what really happened. In my nightmare Matt wasnt helping me. Something had possessed him and made him try to kill me. And when he put his arm around me to help me, in my nightmare it was to keep me there. And i couldnt escape. It was terrifying. Because i know Matt didnt actually do that. Why would my mind make something like that up? Its not what happened. I was still screaming. It felt so real I could feel the pain. It felt like my nightmare was becoming real. And i didnt want it to.

Matt came running out of the bedroom to see what happened. He paniced when he saw me screaming. He ran over to the couch where i was laying down. He pulled me up leaning agaisnt him and he tried to wake me up by shaking me. It didnt help. It only made my nightmare worse. I started screaming louder and louder. And than Matt started crying because he hated to see me like this and he had no idea why it happened. He held me close and tried calling my name repeatedly. But that didnt help either.

I slowly realized that in the real world Matt was trying to wake me up. I could hear him crying. And than his tear fell onto my face and it knocked me back to the real world. I stopped screaming. I woke up crying though. I knew exactly why i was crying. I remembered the nightmare perfectly. I didnt want to but I did. As i opened my eyes they felt red and puffy from crying. I was still crying. I was laying on Matts lap with my black hair tangled from moving around so much. He looked down at me and said "Alex. What happened? I hate to see you so scared. What happened?

I looked at him and he wiped the tears from my eyes.

"I had a nightmare. It was terrifying. Im sorry Matt. I didnt mean to scare you so much. I-" He stopped me. "Tell me what was so terrifying. Alex. I dont want you to be terrified of things so badly. I swear i thought you were dying."

Dying? Oh my god. I thought i was going to die. I didnt want to die.

"Matt if you want to know i will tell you. I dont want to frighten you. I dont want you to have nightmares. And i promise i wont die on you Matt. I promise. Cross my heart."

Matt looked at me with tears in his eyes. I could tell my screaming terrified him and the thought that i was dying.

"Tell me what happened Alex. Please."

I looked at him for a moment and than started to tell him the nightmare.

"It was about a month ago when you helped me with that big cut on my back. It started when I was screaming. But I was screaming way more than I did when it actually happened. I was terrified..." I started crying. "Of you."

Matt looked at me suprised.

"Me? But you know i didnt actually intend to cause you so much pain and it killed me to hear you scream like that."

"I know Matt. But my mind came up with a nightmare. Worse and different than what actually happened. I know what actually happened was real and okay. This nightmare isnt real. But in the nightmare you.. you got possesed by something.. and instead of helping me you were trying to.." I broke down crying at the thought. "Trying to kill me."

Matt started crying too. "You know i would never do that Alex. I love you until i die and nothing will ever change that. I swear to god i would never try to kill you. Never. I love you Alex."

I looked at him and broke down again. "I know Matt." I buried my head on his chest. I was scared as hell. I know that that never actually happened but it scared me so much. A little later Matt picked me up and carried me back to bed. He layed down next to me and whispered in my ear, "I love you Alex. You will never be alone as long as im around. And i will always help you. Good night, try to get some sleep, okay?"

I turned on my side to face Matt. "Okay." He gave me a kiss and than I soon drifted off. I was too tired to dream. It was 4:00am.