Chapter 14- Planning Surprises

_____Ayana's Pov_______

I had just dropped Ariel off to school after her week vacation from school.

It was Monday and on Friday Ariel would be turning twelve. I knew her favorite color was blue and her favorite Disney princess was Melody, Ariel's daughter in 'The Little Mermaid'.

I immediately called some party decorators to confirm the various things needed at Ariel's party.

Just as I was driving to a cake shop, my phone rang.

"Hello?" I answered .

"Ms. Octave, have you forgotten about the case? We need in back in South Carolina as soon as possible!" Corporal Harris shouted.

" Sir, I'll be there Sunday evening for the latest. I just need to cover up some stuff in Los Angeles and then I'll be back on the case." I said as calmly as I could in gritted teeth.

"You better." he said and grumbled some incoherent things before hanging up.

"Arrghhh." I yelled aloud.

I hate him so much. He is so annoying.

As I parked in front of the shop, I took my phone and called the team.

Trevor answered the phone.

"Trevor, why did you make Harris call me. You know how annoyed I get when he calls me ! What is your---" he cut me off.

" It wasn't me. Corporal Harris realized we had not fully completed the analysis of the investigation and was furious. Someone then said we could not without a leader. By the way , where have you been?" he asked cunningly .

" L.A. I'm taking care of business. I'll be back soon. When I'm back make sure you guys are ready to work. Got a party to plan so later." I said and hung up the phone.

I got out of the vehicle and entered the shop.

"Hello. Welcome to Frosted Cupcakery. I am Ria and I will be assisting you today." she said smiling.

"Hi Ria. I'm Ayana and I am looking for cakes for a party. I need the cakes by Friday and want them to be chocolate flavored and blue icing design." I said sweetly.

She scribbled something on her notepad.

"Would you like to take a look at some of the cakes we have on display?" she asked kindly.

" Sure." I replied and followed her .

*******half an hour later********

I was currently in a store buying Ariel her gifts. Her favorite color was blue so I decided upon something blue for her.

"Ma'am , do you need some help?" a worker at the store asked me.

"Sure. I'm looking for a blue dress for a girl about eleven years of age." I said smiling.

The lady then directed me to the rack full of dresses.

After half an hour of searching, I found the perfect dress.

I then bought some dolls such as the little mermaid and Melody.

I got out of the store, at the verge of collapsing due to all the bags in my hand.

I then went to a party store to buy decorations for the party. I decided that Ariel should have a pool party. I know she would have fun. Henry had already arranged with her class friends to come to our house for the party after school that Friday.

I think planning this surprise has been the hardest task for me.