1

Genesis Bailey |Benji|

"Set the table for me please

"Set the table for me please." I told Delilah as I turned off the stove.

"The food ready yet?" Vera walked into the kitchen with an attitude.

"Does it look ready?" I matched her tone and she rolled her eyes.

"Don't get smart with me, bitch. You know I'll whoop your ass."

I said nothing.

There's six girls in this house. Me, Delilah, Vera, Gwen, Priya, and Jaida. Delilah is only seven, she's new to the house. Me and Priya are sixteen. Jaida, Gwen, and Vera are eighteen.

"Good morning, girls." Omar walked into the kitchen.

"Good morning, daddy." We all said in unison.

Let me explain how all of this happened. At eight Omar--or as we call him, daddy took me from my family. The girls were all here before me. Also taken or 'chosen' as Omar says.

We live in a huge cabin in the middle of the woods filled with all types of men patrolling it to make sure we don't escape. No contact with the outside world.

Omar is about in his late 40s, muscular, about 6'2, clean cut, a goatee with a few grey hairs, chestnut eyes, and plump lips. He's our pimp, trafficker-- whatever you want to call it.

He's never touched one of us in that way--well not me at least. He brings men to the house and they pay for whichever girl they choose.

Delilah has a couple more years before they try to 'break her in'. But I'm hoping to get us both out of here before that happens. Delilah has only been here for a few months and she's so innocent. I look after her as if she's my daughter.

"I want everyone to have their chores done before dinner tonight. We have company." Omar said.

"I'm not going to keep cleaning bathrooms." Priya rolled her eyes. The whole table got silent.

I shook my head and kept my eyes on my plate. She knows better.

"What did you say?" He side eyed her.

"N-nothing."

"Don't act scared now. Stand up." He demanded now standing over her. She looked up at him with pleading eyes, not wanting to get up.

That only pissed him off more. He snatched her out of the chair and punched her in the mouth with a closed fist.

I looked across the table a Delilah who was looking right back at me in fear. I signaled for her to be quiet and went back to eating my food.

Omar threw her plate on the ground, "Take your ass upstairs!"

She scurried out of the kitchen and he took his seat back at the head of the table.