Chapter 10: Date with July

When we got back to his house, I ran up to his room and put my bags down on his bed before going to the bathroom. I had to pee so freaking bad. After I used the bathroom, I walked into Chris's room to find him holding up my lingerie set that I got from VS.

"Chris!", I yelled.

He jumped and put my set behind his back.

"Hmm?", he said innocently

"What do you think you're doing?!", I said narrowing my eyes at him.

"Just admiring how good my room looks", he said looking around.

"Then what's behind your back?", I said raising an eyebrow.

"My hands", he said.

"Lemme see then", I said taking a step closer to him.

"You really wanna see my hands?", he said unbelievingly.

"Why not?", I said walking closer to him.

He shrugged and a huge grin spread across my face.

"What?!",he said stepping back.

"It's either I see what you got or the tickle monster comes out", I said stepping extremely close.

We were so close that I could feel his breath dancing on my lips. Gosh his lips looked good.

"Wtf are you thinking Shonda?!!", I scolded myself.

My thoughts were interrupted by Chris holding my lingerie set in the air.

"I knew you had it!", I said punching him.

"Yea I had it, but now you gonna have to reach for it", he said holding it up high.

I started to jump and grab at it, but my height clearly wasn't helping at all, so I started to tickle him until he dropped my lingerie. I stuffed it back into the bag and took it with me downstairs. After Chris got up from the floor, he came downstairs and sat beside me on the couch. He kept staring at me and it was making me all types of uncomfortable. I had my head down and it was this awkward silence between us.

"Sooo...", I said keeping my head down. Chris hadn't noticed because he seemed to be in deep thought.

"Uhm, Chris?", I said waving my hand in front of his face.

He jumped a little and said, "Huh?"

"What's bothering you?", I asked scooting closer.

"Nothing", he said nonchalantly.

"Chris I've known you for all of my seventeen years on Earth, I can tell when something is bothering you", I said rubbing his hair.

"It's nothing, but anyway, tell me about your date with July", he said propping his head in his hands like a two-year old girl.

"Well to start off, his name is August", I said laughing. "And my date went pretty damn good", I said cheesing.

"So tell me bout it girl", he said acting gayish.

"Well if you must know, first we went to go see 'Think like a man too' and we ended up sharing his varsity jacket", I said moving my eyebrows up and down.

"Lame, but tell me more", Chris said in a girly voice.

I giggled and said, "Then we went to Applebee's and this waitress was checking August and I was like 'bitches be like' or whateva. So I had to show that bitch to stop messing with Auggie so I told that bitch that we were dating", I said about to continue until Chris spoke up.