Chapter 11: Matching Jerseys ❤

I moaned as August tongue explored my mouth. We pulled back, both exhausted.

"Goodnight August", I said before walking to my front door.

He smiled and I went inside, taking off my heels at the door. I walked upstairs to Chris sleeping on my bed, laying in this awkward position. I giggled to myself and went over to turn him in a comfortable position. After struggling to move Chris, I went to take a shower and to think. August was a nice guy, but the more I hang around Aug, the more I notice my feelings for Chris. I got out the shower and put on a tank top and some pajama shorts before climbing into bed with a snoring Chris. I got underneath the covers thinking about all the events that happened tonight. All I kept thinking about was Chris. I feel like I have to tell him about my feelings, but I have to tell him when the time is right. This was gonna be harder than I thought. My thoughts were interrupted by Chris pulling all the covers to his side.

"Chris, stop taking all the covers", I whined.

"Mmmm...blah huh", Chris mumbled sleepily.

I laughed and pulled the covers back on my side, instantly falling asleep. •••• The next morning I woke up to the sound of the shower running and Chris not being in my bed. I sat up and walked downstairs to find something to eat. I walked into the kitchen to find my mom and dad eating bacon and eggs while reading the morning paper.

"Morning baby", my mom sung cheerfully.

"Hey ma", I said nonchalantly.

"What time you get in last night?", my dad ask before taking a sip of his coffee.

"Uhm, around 10:00", I said opening the refrigerator and fetching a yogurt.

My parents nodded and a few minutes later Chris came downstairs with his Jersey with my name on it and the number 89.

"Hi Mr and Mrs Bryant", Chris said snatching my yogurt away from me.

"Hey!", I whined.

My dad laughed at us and my mom shook her head.

"Hey Crayola", my mom and dad said in unison, making them both laugh for a minute.

Chris rolled his eyes playfully while we all laughed at the joke.

"Well we're gonna head off to work. Don't get in too much trouble guys", my mom said kissing me and Chris's forehead.

"We won't mom", Chris and I said in unison.

After they left I went upstairs to take a shower and left Chris in the kitchen to attack my frig. 15 minutes later, I hopped out and picked out my clothes. Black lace jersey that read Breezy in white with the number 89 on the back and front (matching Chris). Chris and I got custom jerseys with each other names on it and our birth year at Christmas time. I put on some white ripped shorts with my oversized jersey and some black vans to top it off. I curled my hair and put it into a high, messy ponytail before adding some bold red lipstick to my lips. I put in my cross earrings and silver bracelets. After getting ready, I sprayed some baby soft perfume and used a little mascara. After I finished, I walked downstairs to hear Chris on the phone in the main room.

"I can't tell her, at least not right now.....she'll be heartbroken....When the time is right!...... I promise. Ok we'll see.....Alright bye."

I walked in, making my presence known. Chris turned around like he had seen a ghost. I looked at him suspiciously then walked into the kitchen with him following.