Chapter 12: Broken Dreams

"Who was that on the phone?", I asked while grabbing a bottled water.

"Ty", he answered plainly.

"Oh", I said feeling stupid.

"Why?", Chris asked curiously.

I shook my head and put my bottle down.

"They were probably talking about some hoe or something", I thought embarrassed.

"You ready?", he asked interrupting my thoughts.

"Yea", I said before walking behind him out of the front door. ••••

I was at my locker, getting my things for first period when I felt a pair of large hands cover my eyes.

"Guess who?", a husky voice whispered into my ear.

"Trey Songz?!", I asked excitedly.

"Psh! It's someone even better", he answered.

"Michael Ealy", I asked confusingly.

"August babe! It's August", Aug said on the verge of laughing.

"I knew that!", I said laughing.

"So how did you sleep last night?", August asked while grabbing my hand and walking down the hallway.

"Pretty good considering the fact that Chris is a wild sleeper", I said giggling.

"So you guys sleep together?", August asked rubbing the back of his neck.

"Yep! Ever since we were 5", I said proudly.

Aug nodded as his body grew tense. He kept quiet as he walked me to class.

"See ya babe", he mumbled as he kissed me on the cheek and left before the late bell rung.

I smiled faintly and went into Mrs. Davis's class for a period of boring lecture. During her class, I caught myself daydreaming about Chris and thinking things through, but mostly daydreaming about Chris. How could I be doing this to August? He is a nice guy, but I just don't have feelings for him. He's more like a homie than a boyfriend.

"LaShonda Bryant!", Mrs.Davis yelled, getting my attention. "Class work now, daydream later!", she scolded.

I rolled my eyes and finished my work, anticipating for the bell to ring. Once it did, I made my way over to Chris's locker to an unusual sight.

"No hoes!", I said an amazement as I looked around.

"No hoes", Chris assured me.

"What's up with that Mr.Playa?", I said pushing his arm.

"Well I was thinking about what you said the other night about dealing with loose pussy thots and settling down. I think I found the one, but there's one problem", Chris said nervously.

"Which is?", I asked confusingly.

"I don't know how to tell her", he said.

"Just tell her how you feel and hopefully she'll except you", I said calmly, but deep down my heart was shattered into pieces.

"Thanks Shon!", Chris said before he kissed me on the forehead.

I slightly nodded and got ready to walk away, but he stopped me and said, "Aye! Today after school, I was thinking that we should go skating. Just me and you", he said flashing me a dimple-showing smile.