Do not ruin this (1)

Today is the best day of my life.

An engagement party is thrown from 10am to 2pm where businessmen and politicians are invited from everywhere. I guess this is what happens when you're going to marry an heir of a billion dollar oil company,Ismail. He is also my crush since first grade. Rosy lips and brown hair with dangerously long eyelashes he is the most handsome man I've ever met.The pitch black eyes and his defined jaw and cheeks make him look nothing less than amazing.

 I check myself for the 1000th time to see if I look good. My full lips are decorated with red lipstick. A straight nose with high cheekbones and a sharp jawline do make me beautiful. Its a miracle he's marrying me. I stand up to see my mother in tears and little sister annoyed for god knows why. Mustard saree with a long sleeve bright pink top with a matching hijab makes me look gorgeous. Does Ismail think it suits me? Should I wear something similar on my wedding day. Wouldn't it be-Stop thinking about him like a creep! He's going to be my husband my inner voice says.

'Come on!Come on!'yells my father through the hallway as mum guides me to the hall and the room filled with people. 

'I probably look like a deer in headlights, an alien in this world built for rich people' I mutter under my breath. I hear someone laugh but don't bother turning. 

Ismail walks over and grabs my hand sending a blush from my neck to my forehead and kisses it.  People around the venue go in awe of this public affection. If I wasn't shocked I'd slap him. No not really. Whatever.

'Hey, you look beautiful. Let us meet some people than we can wear the rings.' His words leave no room for argument.Goodbye food. I wonder if our marriage is going to be like this. 

After following Ismail, fake smiling and laughing its finally time to wear the rings. My lovely in laws look to me with admiration and my future husband is nice, kind and caring. As the gold rings are slipped on the feeling in my stomach only grows tenfold. This is a bad idea but how can it be after all you are in love with him for about all your life. His family paid for your sister's and your high school education and pulled your family out of dept. I should be grateful. He's the reason why my parents are even talking to me after I rebelled and choose to do arts instead of medicine. 

'Beta, you finally did something good.  Do not ruin this' says my father. 

I pretend not to hear and move closer to Ismail. He puts his muscly arm on my waist as an assurance. little does he know his is making me very very nervous.The blush on my cheeks never leaves even after all the guests leave and its Ismail and my family left. After saying our good byes I remember I left my phone inside my dressing room.I tell my family to leave and Ismail can drop me off. As I walk towards the room I hear shouting. What's worse is that its Ismail.

'You bloody idiot. You should be fired old man for your insolence!' Did he really just say that?