You love me right? (4)

Riyah's POV

I wake up to find Ziyah grinning like an idiot. I smile at her then remember what happened yesterday. I will not cry.What a joke. Sobs spill out of me like I'm a waterfall.

I've started avoiding every social gathering and my parents. Ismail hasn't even texted me anything. We were friends before our engagement. Is that lost as well? I'm apparently banned from contacting him according to Ziyah. I begged her to act like she doesn't know anything about the video. I begged her that whenever she would see Yusra to act cordial with her. She did the opposite with her spilling juice on her dress or stepping on her or snitching her in to her mother or spitting in her tea. Accidentally, of course.

-----------------------------------------------------------

*2 weeks later*

'You love me right?' I nod in response. 'I gave your polio to the National Treasure Magazine a few months ago. It was supposed to be your engagement gift,' she grins wider and jumps to hug me.

'Did they accept?' she looks shocked that I could even think that they'll reject me.

'Accept. They gave you a paid internship for six months or a year in their main branch in the city', oh my Allah.

'Are you serious?' She nods again and again.

I smile and get up to pray Fajr. A thousand thoughts swirl in my mind that go to rest when I pray. After I make duaa and ask for forgiveness, sobbing the entire time while Ziyah enters the room with a tub of ice-cream.

'I'm so happy that you maybe broke up with Ismail even though you were depressed for 2 weeks' she says happily. Well, in 3 more weeks, I'll have to officially break up with Ismail or else risk shame and scrutiny befalling my family. 

I raise my brows. Ismail. He is the perfect brown boy. I am in love with him. Even though he shouted at you and left knowing you don't have any transportation apparently abuses his servants and women. If you love him why did you kiss a stranger?

'I don't like his vibe anyways its time for you to catch the train to work that begins at 8am' she laughs.

'WHAT ITS TODAY' I feel butterflies in my stomach that keep on multiplying.

'I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO WEAR!' I scream but Ziyah saw it coming and blocks her ears. She gestures towards the bed and I see a millennial pink hijab with a grey crop top and black pants and nude heels. Damn this will hug my figure. Ziyah hands me a black, knee-length cardigan and I'm ready to go. Putting my camera in my backpack I leave through the window otherwise my mum and dad will come after me. They'll say how I need to focus on preparations for my wedding not go to a job because jobs come and go but not my wedding. I roll my eyes hearing their dialogues replay in my mind.