Are we crazy? (10)

I almost had a heart attack but it was just my sister pranking me by having a lifesize cardboard cut out of my parents. She cracks up laughing and after 10 seconds of glaring I join her. Lily hands me a dress and I stare at the floral emborery.

'No, Lilly I cannot' I argue in vain as the two push me upstairs and into my room.

I wrap the dupata piece several times to make it into a hijab. Nikki walks in with Carol. They scream saying how gorgeous I look. This is a contact that I can't believe I'm actually agreed on. The girls do my makeup and we walk downstairs.

Instantly, I lock eyes with Jacob and his glaze is so powerful I look down. When I no longer feel the heat of his stare I meet my smiling boss,Ben. He comes over and hugs me and I blush.
'You are not supposed to hug hijabi women' educates Lily. She's a sweetheart.

'Sorry not sorry' he grins and I blush.

'Thank you for coming Ben' I smile.

'Riyah. Would you like to meet my best friend?' asks Jacob. I nod and walk his way.

'Hi' I say only to be met by a curious and critising gaze.

'So you ropped him under 24 hours?' It somehow sounds like a threat.

'Y-yes' how am I supposed to answer? He starts laughing and I hope its not at me.

'She's exactly like you said she is' he beams. I don't know if this is an insult or a compliment.

'Shut your mouth you are making her nervous' aids Carol. I send her a grateful look. She smiles and pulls me away. What is with people pulling me?

It takes half an hour for Harrish's sister to arrive. She settles in well with Carol, the mother figure of our group. With the witnesses ready and the Imam here all we have to is sign papers.

The imam recites the Quran and everyone is silent. To say they feel awkward is an understatement. Nonetheless they are respectful. The iman gives Jaccob and I the documents. Jaccob signs it and I'm not sure if I want to do this anymore. I don't know why but I grab Jacob's hand and walk quickly upstairs, closing the door behind us.

'Are we crazy?' I ask him.

'No, I'm a genius nerosurgon' He boasts.

'Well, I'm homeless,need a camera for work and the distance helps too but I can't stay live with a man. So these are my reasons. What are yours for staying?'

His jaw clenches and I know this will be hard for him to say 'This place was a gift from my father before he died. My mother cut all my credit cards that were in a trust fund from her and my dad because I was rude to her. I brought this place and I don't want to leave. Victor is the landlord that you saw yesterday. I slept with his wife and when he found out he was bloody furious and gave me a month to find a wife.'

Looks like this is confessions.'My best friend.Yusra. Betrayed me when she paid 3 guys to molest me and our kiss didn't help either.' I blush before continuing.' She's......is..mail...Ismail's cousin and is crazy in love with him' My eyes become a bit watery.

'If you don't want to do this tell me now please Riyah' he soothes by simply smiling. The way he looks at me leaves me blushing. He notices and moves closer while I take steps backing into the wall. He leans in dangerously close and my breathing becomes erratic.

'Do you want to be able to do this without feeling guilty?' he huskily asks.This is not fair. I nod and he moves away. Without a word we walk downstairs and my friends are all waiting eagerly for a response.

'We are getting married' yells a happy Jacob. I roll my eyes at his childishness and sign the papers. In under a second I'm wrapped I'm hugs, wishes and phrases of congratulations.
The guests eventually leave and I don't know whether I should take off my hijab.
I walk towards my room, the guestroom, when Jaccob's voice halts me.