It'll be a very long time (15)

Jacob's POV

I wanted to kiss her but I don't know if I could stop. Her touch is magnetic and her personality is sooo adorable and innocent. I want to protect her against the cruelty of the world.

'Did you think I'd kiss you?' I joke and the blush on her cheeks grows even more.

'Nope, we are friends only' she replies too quickly to think of us as just friends.

'I won't do anything unless you want to' I want to hear that she likes me. How hard is that? I've had women say I love you after meeting me for 10 minutes.

'Okay' she replies. REALLY! An okay is all I get. I stay silent for the rest of the way and she does nothing but stare out the window.

I take a deep breath before exiting the car, if she wants to be friends then I'll respect her wishes even if they annoy to no end.

_______

Dia's POV

I am shocked at his frankness. It takes me all of my strength to spit out 'okay'. I cannot think right now....he makes me nervous.

I start daydreaming about how life could be with Jacob as my husband. He's already your husband. I always imagined praying in the middle of the night with my husband but Jacob doesn't even pray. A player can't change his ways this quickly? Can he?

I don't know what I said but he was quiet all the way back. This wasn't the comfortable silence that we had just hours before.

'Come on lets go to bed' he smiles but I don't see his eyes twinkle like they usually do when I'm with him.

'Yep, I'm very tired' why can't I hold a conversation for long? Why are you so formal? I expected some flirting like will you go to bed with me? But no a friendly, cordial smile is what I receive.We reach our rooms in can you guess... silence. 

'I had fun tonight we should do it as friends more often' he leans and takes off my hijab. Despite myself my heart flutters. The scarf that covered my chest and cleavage is unveiled and he grins looking into my eyes.

'I cannot ever see you as a friend' he repeats his intentions again. It only takes him a second to grab my waist and pull me into a kiss. My heart races dangerous but soon I pull apart. Our breathing is heavy and our eyes are dilated with lust.

'I just want to get to know you more before we' I don't have the courage to say more. He holds my hands in silence waiting and waiting and waiting. I want to turn away and run but his hands pull me in.He creases my face with his thumb and I've never felt more aware of my body than right now.

'I will wait for you forever' he finally says and walks inside.No one waits forever.

'It'll be a very long time' I mutter to myself. Why can't I trust him even a tiny bit?
——————-
Jacob's POV
When I kissed her I felt passion. The same raw emotion that passed between us almost two months ago. I felt her cave in to that kiss effortlessly.

*During the next few weeks*
I behave as her friend. It fucking kills me. Why? Because I don't want to loose her, scare her or force myself on her.  She is too delicate for anyone touch.Hopefully, she'll bring down her barriers for me. 

Her and I grow close in the little things we do like eating together or watching a movie every Saturday. She constantly talks about her job being so exciting and amazing while I brag about being a hot genius. We fall into a comfortable routine.

————————
Dia's POV
It was a Saturday when I heard the elevator bell ring. I quickly wrapped my hijab and pressed allow. It was too early for Jacob to home. He's been working overtime to make up for something he hasn't told me.

The elevator opens and standing in front of me are my parents.

Helloooooo, 

Soz if this is a bit late. 

Did you enjoy the chapter?