Chapter 5

Hey guys! Sorry it's been so long for this chapter, but it's a lot sooner than it has been! I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Picture to the side is of Zadian!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sweater Weather by The Neighbourhood was blasting from my headphones as I walked down the street. After walking around for 15 minutes and I've only seen houses and trees. Don't these people ever get bored? You would think that with all the children running around there would be a park or something.

When the song ended and was switching to a different song, I heard laughter and playful screams. Removing the headphones and stuffing them into my pocket, I followed the sounds until I reached a park. A ghostly smile graced my face as I recalled all the times my mother and father would take Zadian and I to the park.

"Higher daddy, higher!" The little girl screamed as her father pushed her on the swings.

"I can't! If you go any higher, you might fall off!" He said as he laughed.

The little girl giggled and kept begging until her father gave in and pushed her higher. After a while, the girl claimed to have had enough and wanted to get off. The man stopped his daughter and picked her up, carrying her to a women sitting on a bench with a teenage boy. The women smiled up at the man with a loving look in her eyes. It was clear to anyone that they were in love.

The little girl looked up at her brother in adoration. He smiled down at her and gestured for her to sit on his lap. Bouncing happily, she climbed onto his lap and hug him around the neck. Laughing the boy hugged her back and brought out a small bag of candy.

"Would you like some of my candy Serena?" The boy asked the little girl with a caring tone.

She nodded happily and stuck her hand out, palm up. Dumping half of the bag into her hand, the boy smiled at her and ate his half.

The woman and man both look at them with a proud smile. They were happy that they were so loving and sharing with each other. Having children was sort of hard for the couple. The older boy was the first born, and after him, the doctor said it was a 1 in 1 million chance they'd have another one. Despite what the doctor said, they kept trying. Years later, they discovered that they were indeed pregnant with another child. Their miracle baby.

The family just sat there on that bench, talking about everything and anything. The man wrapped his arms around his wife's waist, staring down at her lovingly. The little girl eventually fell asleep on her older brothers lap. The woman declared it was time to go and started to collect their things. The father picked up his little girl from his sons lap and smiled down at her peaceful face. Piling into their car, they pulled away from the curb and went home.

A little girl pulling on my hand snapped me out of my daze. I looked down to find a girl about 7 or 8, with dark brown hair and sparkling green eyes looking up at me. Smiling, I said; "Yes?"

"Can you play with me?" She asked with a shy smile.

"I would love to play with you! What should we do first?" She grabbed my hand and pulled my towards a marry-go-round. "What's your name honey?" I asked as she climbed on and I started to spin it.

"Jackie." She said, smiling shyly.

"Well, I'm Serena, and it's very nice to meet you Jackie." She smiled up at me and asked my to go faster. I kept pushing until it was going at a decent pace. I didn't want her to fall off and get hurt. We asked each other questions and laughed at the funny faces we made at each other.