Eight - Conversations

Playlist for this chapter:

Yellow - Coldplay

I Would Do Anything For You - Foster The People

Science & Faith - The Script

Take Me Home - Cash Cash ft. Bend Rexha

Luke's POV

Savannah finally took a sip of her wine and made a disgusted face.

"Ew," she simply said. I bit my lips to keep the laughter, that was bound to come out, in. It's obvious she never drank wine before since this was the oldest and most expensive wine here.

"What? You don't like alcohol?" I asked. She shrugged, as if she didn't want to let me get to know the Savannah I haven't seen in years.

"Don't be coy now. You're going to be spending a lot of time with me from now on. At least update me on some things that has happened the past... what 6 years?"

Savannah eyed me carefully, as if she was trying to read my mind. "Why the sudden interest?" She took another bite of her fish and groaned in appreciation. The sounds she's making now makes me wonder what she would sound like under me... begging for more..

Stop it, Luke. You can't fuck your childhood best friend. Even if she's drop dead gorgeous now.

I scoffed. "Why not?" She looked out to the city below us and crossed her arms in front of her chest. Holy shit, her body has changed so much.

Flashback

"Look at the new girl," my friend, Andy, ordered. I was busy writing away, trying to finish last night's English homework in Math class.

"Shut the fuck up and let me finish my work," I muttered, not paying attention to the new girl that just walked in.

Andy snatched the lead pencil out of my hands and smacked my head. "You don't want to miss this," he said.

I looked up and locked eyes with the awkward, chubby girl that was dressed like she was living in the 1700's with that hideous, frilly long sleeve top and a khaki A-line skirt. Damn, I feel bad for that girl. I know for sure she's going to get teased by the other kids.

She made her way to the front of the class and stood next to our grumpy math teacher who looks like a Redneck but never admits he was one.

"Class," he bellowed, "this is your new classmate, Savannah Juliette. I trust you all to be kind to her and show her around the school."

"I don't get along with ugly girls," one obnoxious kid yelled. Every single student in my class laughed and laughed. But Savannah stood in front of the class, not even slightly bothered he said that. It's like she was used to all the name callings that it doesn't bother her anymore.

"Says the kid who can't even multiply double digits and he's in middle school," I said. Then, the laughter all died down and the poorly dressed girl's smile started to tug her lips.

Savannah's POV

His crystal blue eyes bore into my chocolate brown eyes.

"Stop doing that," I uttered, feeling a bit nervous being under his hypnotic gaze.

"What am I doing?" he challenged, his face beaming with mischief. Oh, Luke.

"You do that thing, where you stop the conversation and go to a different universe, while I'm stuck here on Earth, kind of confused as to why you just stopped talking."