12

Hoseok's POV

Leo, Yoongi, and I stood in front of the officer sitting on the desk.

"As you said, that girl was the only one who was unarmed and hasn't stolen anything." He looked at the papers in his hand. “And she doesn't have any previous criminal records, but," he sighed, looking at us, "her brother is a murderer."

"That has got nothing to do with her," I said.

"I agree. She's clean," Leo added.

"Well since agents are telling me this, I'll let her go." He nodded.

"Thank you." I looked at her in the holding cell, and she looked away.

"You said you'd help." I looked at Leo.

"I did what I could do, and I told you that you'd have to get her out yourself. Still I did it."

"You didn't get her out."

"This was the best way out." He handed me the gun he had secretly snuck out from her holder. "I kept my promise." He nodded at Yoongi, and they both left as the officer let her out of the cell. I walked up to her as he opened her handcuffs. "I-" I had just started speaking when she turned around and started walking out. "W- Wait!"
I went after her, and she started running. It was raining outside as I ran after her.

"Stop! Listen to me!" I caught up to her, grabbing her by her hand. I turned her around, but she slapped me.

"Let me go." Her voice was full of hate.

". . ." I looked back at her.

"Let me go! I hate you."

"Just hear me out."

"You knew all along! Didn't you?!" She tried resisting my grip.

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you."

"I don't care! I don't want to see your face!" The rain was pouring hard, making it difficult to keep my eyes open. "You ruined all my chances!"

It was of no use trying to resist. She knew that, so she bit my wrist.

"Argh!" I groaned in pain but didn't loosen my grip. Instead I pulled her into a hug.
"I'm sorry. But I couldn't think of a better way to keep you safe. Just telling you wouldn't have made you stop." She pushed on my chest to break away but I stood my ground.

"The only three people I liked, the only people I felt comfortable around. All of you." I heard her voice weaken. "All three of you were agents! Did you know how I felt?"

"I'm sorry."

"I felt so small . . ." She gripped my shirt in her hands. "So-" Her voice cracked. "So small."

I held her tighter. "I'm sorry."
I was even more sorry because I had nothing else so say, no other way to console her.

"I hate you," she said.

"I know, but I didn't tell you to become a criminal."

She shot back her head from my chest and looked at me. "What else was I supposed to do! I have no other way! I have to get Ren out . . ." She broke down. "He's all I have left."

"I told you I wanted to help you." I placed my hand on her cheek. "I'll help you get him out."

She looked at me confusedly.

"I promise." I looked into her eyes as I said the words.