16

Your POV

I sighed, looking out the window from my room. It's been days, and I haven't been able to see Hobi. He's been busy with work and putting in extra effort to get the footage. I've been having meetings with Hailey, who has already put in the request for the retrial. I really have nothing to do. I sighed again, but then I got a text. It was from Hailey.

"The request has been approved. We'll be getting a date soon."

I sat up straight and texted back.

"Really? Oh, I'm getting more nervous."

"Don't worry, i'll make sure we win."she replied as I thought about how supportive some people are. When I had lost all hope in humanity, some decided to step in and change my mind. I smiled to myself. My phone buzzed. I got another text, and it was from Hobi.

"Can we meet tonight? I have something to tell you, and . . . it's not good news."

Not good news? I wondered. Was he not able to get the footage? Oh, God . . . We can't win without it! Should I ask him?

After thinking about it for a moment I decided to meet him and have him tell me in person.

"Okay. I'll come over tonight."

"Thanks."

I decided to get some snacks before I head over to Hobi's. As I brought some food and was waiting at the counter, two people sitting outside the cafe across the street caught my attention: Leo and Hailey.

They know each other? They seem to be discussing something important.

"Your card, miss?" the cashier prompted.

"Ah, yes." I gave her the card and stared at them again. I still have mixed feelings about Leo. I sighed and looked away as the cashier put everything in the shopping bag. I carried everything and went out. As soon as I opened the door, the cold air hit my me.

"Oh, cold." I shivered until someone put a jacket around my shoulder.

"Leo . . ."

"It's cold. You should have worn something warmer." He smiled at me. "You can give it back later." He left just like that.

Did he see me staring at them, or did he just come over after seeing me at the store?

I stared at his back as he walked away.

Oh, well . .. I should carry on.

* * *

"Hobi, I'm here,” I said as I walked into the house.

He came out of his room.

"You're here," he echoed and then paused to look at the jacket around me. "You have a nice taste in fashion."

I laughed at his compliment.

"It's not mine; it's Leo's."

"Leo's?" He nodded slightly. "You're close, huh?!"

For some reason I didn't feel like answering him.

"What was that you wanted to tell me?"

"Ah, right!" He looked a bit grim. "The thing is . . ." He bit his lower lip.

"You couldn't get the footage? It wasn't with them; was it?"

He lowered his eyes and nodded.

"But that doesn't mean we're giving up; I'll definitely get Ren out," he said then whispered inaudible words. "I know how rotten he must be feeling."

"Huh?! Did you say something?"

"No, nothing."

"I see."

"But there's good news too."

"What?" I asked, wondering if there really could be a good news.

"We have a witness, someone who saw what happened and is willing to testify."

My eyes grew wide. "Really?!"

"Yeah! We can win this."

"Oh, my God! Hoseok!" I got overly excited and jumped into his arms. "I'm so happy!" I hugged him hard. "I love you!" I exclaimed and then realized what I had said.

Author's bullshit

Never let emotions get better of you.
Wise words I copied from somewhere.