Chapter 3: Thief

H/C Hair Color

E/C Eye Color

Note: Italics in this chapter only is Palutena Speaking. I tried my best to write this in my original point of view (POV) but it was impossible to implement Pit's cheery personality without knowing what's going through his head. What I am trying to say is that Pit is going to tell this chapter because he's complicated. That is all.

Pit's POV

As I walked down the hallway to speak the centurions, I couldn't help but think of the girl I saved. Y/N. She was in pretty bad condition when I found her. Blood covered most of her H/C hair and the dress she wore was ripped pretty far up. Her hands shook whenever I touched them; as if she was afraid of me. Her E/C eyes were also clouded over a gray color.

What stayed in my head these past few days was that she held on to me like...I was her lifeline. She kept asking me to save her sister and was even worried for my health; even though she was in a far worse state. A lot of her blood got on my only tunic (Lady Palutena scrubbed for days) and her eyes looked so...so lifeless. What made things worse was that I couldn't find her sister anywhere. I felt really bad for her so I took her back to Skyworld.

She been sleeping for 3 days now. Lady Palutena wasn't even sure that she was going to wake up. It kinda sucks because for some reason I really wanted to talk to her. Lady Palutena gave me her backstory.

~

"Both of her parents are dead and the only person she has...well had...was her sister," Lady Palutena held her head down in shame. "It's all my fault Pit. If I had only known the Underworld Army was attacking sooner...I could have saved the people... I could have saved S/N."

I jumped from my seat to comfort her. "Don't think like that Lady Palutena! It's not your fault. It's Hades. He's the reason people died. He's the reason Y/N is hurt and S/N is dead, not you."

"...Thank you Pit...I just hope that Y/N wakes up."

I smiled at her. "Of course she will. And when she's does, we'll be there to give her a warm welcome!"

"Heh heh. Okay Pit, now take off your tunic. I've got to clean it up. You look more like the angel of death than an angel of light." I looked at all of the blood on my tunic and then back at Lady Palutena.

"Wha? Not in front of you Lady Palutena!"

"Pit...Tunic. Off. Now."

".............Yes M'am.........."

~

I was so deep in thought (and traumatized) that when I turned the corner, the girl, who I was just thinking about, twisted my arm, which really surprised me, and flipped me over. I ended up in a hold with her sitting on top of me. She yanked on my arm and I yelped in pain; my arm twisted behind my back. I really couldn't see her face since my face was pressed against the ground, but I did hear a gasp.

"You're okay!" I stated, smiling a bit. I felt her brush one of her hands through my wings and I blushed in response.

"These are real...you're an angel! Could this mean I died? Am I dead?" Y/N asked. Her voice was really soothing. She sounded hopeful, as if she wanted to die.

"Um, no! You're not dead! You were badly injured though, so I took you to Skyworld." I could most likely break her hold...but she may end up injured, so I just stayed in the position that I was in.

"Sky...world?" She sounded confused. I was about to explain further until I felt her pull really hard on my arm.

"Ah!!! Uncle! Uncle!!!" I yelled.