Chapter 17: Right

*Drawing of Viridi up top*

"W-What?"

"You heard me Palutena. I've taken interest in your human," Viridi explained. "Is there a problem?"

"Well, kinda. You've always hated humans and now...you just don't? It's quite odd," Palutena said, pacing back and forth in her room.

Both you and Pit were sitting a couple of feet away from Palutena, playing a friendly game of Uno. You could only hear Palutena's side of the conversation, but you had a pretty good idea who she was talking to.

"Whose to say I still don't like humans? I'm just curious about your human. I demand to meet her myself. Now," Viridi said.

"Well, if you insist," Palutena murmured. "However, the meetup will have to be a bit later. Y/N has a morning training session."

You perked up a little when you heard your name.

"Just send her over here for training. I'm sure Phosphora could give her a few pointers. Dark Pit could as well," Viridi suggested.

"Well...It's up for Y/N to decide. If she agrees, then it's settled. However, for her safety, I would have to send Pit along with her. Nothing personal," Palutena said.

"Pfft. Fine. If I can deal with one angel, two wouldn't make a difference."

"Great. I'll get back to you in a bit," Palutena said, cutting off the telepathic communication.

~

"Viridi wants to meet me?" You asked, feigning innocence. You had already met Viridi. After your little confrontation with Phosphora, you were patched up and teleported home. You had just gotten back a couple of hours ago.

"Yes. Strangely," Palutena explained.

"That's kinda weird," Pit said, placing down a wild card. "Viridi is always so determined to get rid of humans...Uno. And the color is blue."

"Maybe she changed?" You suggested. You also discreetly slipped cards from your hand into your sleeve. You now only held two cards. You placed a blue card down. "Uno."

"That is a possibility..." Palutena said. "However, it's very unlikely. Most gods rarely change their ways. And even if they do, it's for their own personal benefit. I'm not saying that gods can't change, it's just....well...unheard of."

"Yeah. I've dealt with plenty of gods and it's always the same thing," Pit explained. "If Viridi changed, then great! If not then..." Pit placed a 'draw four' card down. "Sorry Y/N. It was the last card I had."

"That's fine," You said, laughing a little. "I already knew I lost. I cheated too."

"Y-you cheated!?" Pit exclaimed.

"Yup."

You let three cards fall from out your sleeve, a small smile never leaving your face.

"Well at least your honest," Palutena said, laughing a little. "So...do you plan on going Y/N?"

"Of course." You stood up and stretched from your seated position. "As long as Pit is with me, everything should be fine."

"Yeah!" Pit exclaimed, standing up as well. "Let's get to it!"

"Glad to hear," Palutena said. "Now it's important you two stay on your best behavior. Y/N, no stealing. If the training session gets difficult, just bail. Make sure you don't overexert yourself. If you get hungry, I'll send some food over...Oh! And make sure you go to the bathroom before flying!...And don't ever take off your laurel crown!" Palutena adjusted the crown on your head as you tried not to laugh.