Chapter 8: Smile

"Y/N? Y/N, are you awake?" A calm voice broke through your restless sleep. In any other situation, you would have welcomed the voice with open arms. As of now, however, you were too tired to respond. Pit shook you gently and received a long whine in response.

"One more hour..." You pleaded. Pit looked you over, concern written over his face.

"You said that an hour ago. It's already 12 in the afternoon. Are you still tired?" Pit asked. You felt the weight shift on your bed and opened your eyes begrudgingly. Flipping over, you came face to face with the cheerful angel. He smiled at you whilst sitting on the edge of your bed. You immediately moved a soft pillow from underneath to on top of your head, turning back over in the process.

Dark Pit will pay for scaring me half to death and keeping me up all night.

"Y/N? What's this?" Pit asked, his curiosity getting the best of him. You turned over once again to find Pit holding your knife in his hands. You shot up, your instincts immediately taking over.

"Pit! That's dangerous!" You yelled, taking the knife from him.

"Wha?"

"Seriously Pit, what were you thinking? Do you want to get hurt?" You waved the knife in front of his face while scolding him. You spun the knife around a bit and threw it hard in Pit's direction. He flinched, completely caught off guard as the knife flew right past him. It landed perfectly in the wall just above the door.

"Be more careful...okay?" You insisted, feeling sleep overtake you again.

"...Okay Y/N. You should get more rest." You detected a hint of disappointment in his voice and immediately felt awful. Pit didn't ask much, he just wanted someone to talk to.

"I'm not so tired. I'd rather do something else." You stated.

"Really?" Pit asked, a bit skeptical.

"Really."

"Oh...Like this!" Pit pounced on you, attacking your sides with his fingers. You laughed uncontrollably, attempting to fight him off of you.

"Hahaha!!! P-Pit! S-Stoopp!!!" You pleaded, squirming underneath him. You reached for your pillow and lobbed it at him, Pit dodging it.

"Nice try Y/N! You can't get away from me!"

"Try this!" You yelled, kicking one of his legs just enough for him fall forward. Pit fell right on top of you, his face landing right on your chest. The impact knocked the wind out of you as an awkward silence followed. Your cheeks heated up to the extreme.

"P-Pit!!!" You yelped.

Pit immediately stood up to move away from you, his face as red as a tomato.

"Y/N I'm so sorry!!" He stated, repeatedly apologizing. You dusted yourself off.

"It's fine. It was my fault anyway." You looked out the window, attempting to calm yourself.

"Well, I'm now officially awake. What do you want to do?" You asked.

Pit thought for a bit until an idea popped in his head.

"Come on, I wanna show you something," He bolted out the room and you stumbled after him, deep in thought. You turned down a hallway and bumped into a strongarm centurion.

"Oh! Excuse me," You stated, somewhat embarrassed.

"Mistress Palutena wishes to see you," The centurion stated. You really hated calling every centurion you see 'centurion'. They were all different, right? Shouldn't they all have a name?