Chapter 14: You're the Clone!

The flight was short. The two of you made it to town in under a minute; and were thankful to be on solid ground. Pit found a nice ice cream shop near the middle of town, and you both decided it was best to eat outside.

"What's your favorite ice cream?" Pit asked.

"Well...it'll have to be [Favorite ice cream]. To be honest, I haven't had ice cream in quite some time. Mom would buy it only on special occasions, and that was years ago," You explained. You sat at a white circular table just outside the ice cream shop. A frilly umbrella hung over the table, providing shade from the sun. Pit sat across from you.

"Ah okay. I'll eat pretty much any flavor. They're all good to me!" Pit said, smiling a little. The waitress moved over to the two of you and took your orders. You ordered your favorite ice cream, while Pit ordered a chocolate chip sundae surprise. After the waitress left, you noticed quite a few people walking by.

"Hey..." You said, standing up from your seat.

"What is it?" Pit asked. You walked into the middle of the unpaved street and picked up a small purse.

"Someone dropped their coin purse," You mumbled. You rummaged through the purse, noticing that it held quite a hefty sum.

"Does it have a name on the inside?" Pit asked, moving over to you. You sighed.

"It doesn't. Not that it matters because it's mines now," You explained.

"Wait What??? You can't just take something that isn't yours Y/N!" Pit said. You looked at him, slightly confused.

"...Why not?" You asked.

"Because it doesn't belong to you Y/N. Someone is probably really upset that they lost this." Pit explained. You gave him a blank stare as you tried to process what he had just said. It was their fault for dropping it in the first place. Why wouldn't you take it?

"Oh." You decided for that split second that it was best to just agree with what Pit said. No need to push the matter. "Of course we need to find the owner...this is very important to them." You lied.

"Great! We'll find the owner....after ice cream." Pit sheepishly said, noticing the waitress had already delivered both of your ice creams to the table.

"Right." You set the coin purse beside you as you took a seat at the table. Swiftly grabbing your spoon, you dug out a bit of ice cream and placed it in your mouth.

"Woah..." You said, gasping a little. "This ice cream is much richer than the ice cream mom used to buy. I knew ice cream was good, but I didn't know it could be this good!"

"Oh! It's really that good, huh?" Pit asked.

"Yup! Want some?" You teased, waving your spoonful of ice cream in front of you. What you didn't expect was for Pit to actually take the bait. He leaned over the table and ate right off your spoon. You sat there dumbfounded, trying to process what happened.

"Hey! It's actually really good!" Pit said, nodding in agreement. Your cheeks heated up as you tried to form a sentence.

"O-of course...it is," You mumbled. You swirled your spoon in the bottom of your bowl, refusing to make eye contact with Pit.

"Pit! Now's your chance to ask Y/N out!!!" Palutena exclaimed, speaking to Pit telepathically. Pit blushed and tried to focus on finishing his ice cream.

"No..." Pit mumbled. You perked up.

"Something wrong?" You asked, looking up at Pit.

"N-No! Nothing's wrong!" Pit said, eating another spoonful of ice cream and looking away from you. You shrugged and continued to swirl you spoon.