Different road

*on the road*

you woke up on the car engine sound blinking while straightened in your seat to figure out how long left for Jody's house , "wakey wakey , sleepy head" Jody reclaimed.

"Aw, how long I've been sleeping?"

"umm,.. Around an hour"

"what?! ..but wait .." you looked shocked at her then turning around to define the area...

"you're like half an hour from my place ..what took us so long?...and where are we?.." you paused realizing that's not ur familiar road. "..wait.. Jody.. where you're taking us?.." you asked quietly while ur inside beating heart is not quiet at all , it was hammering of fear that this might not be Jody or at least the Jody you knew.

"Oh y/n! easy on yourself , I'm sherif Jody Mills on flesh , we've already tested that!... and yeah it's not to my home"

You sighed " then where you're taking us? " you said calmly as your breath gets back to normal.

"Friends of mine actually" 

"But why not your.." but Jody cut you off ,... "because it's safer , you know I'm not always at home and the girls are pain in the ass" Jody explained

"A: since when I care if I'm alone in the house? , and B: The girls are like my family and family always is pain in the ass" you earned a chuckle from Jody " yeah you're right" she said smiling

"..anything about Claire?" you said raising eyebrows.

Jody's expression turns from soft smile to a serious worried concern "nope"

"She'll be fine" you said to relieve the burden but didn't work as Jody replied in the same expression non changed , her eyes never leave the road " I hope so"..

two minutes of uncomfortable silence until you began to start over .."So who's your oddly friends of yours that you didn't mention?!" you started to lighten the mood again.

"How'd you know I never mention them to you?"

"Because if you did , then you'd have told me already ,Jody"

"mm.. okay, we work together and they can keep you safe" you raised an eyebrow on her , 

"I trust them, alright?" Jody continued

"So.. you work together in the police station?"

"No, not colleagues , you already know all of them"

"Oh no , hunters?!" you asked deadly need the answers

"yeah" she replied simply 

"new colleagues in crime.. sounds awesome!!" you said excitedly.

Jody smiled to herself for your excitement as she saw Claire in you.