19) New Heights

The 6 flying daggers spent about 2 weeks at The Ilsan temple, taking time to refuel and rest before the long trip ahead. Jisoo and Yoongi had spent the majority of the time practicing their fighting skills while Seokjin practically set up camp and lived in the kitchen. Lisa was usually strolling through the mountains, enjoying the picturesque view and marvelling at the beauty of Goryeo.

As for Taehyung and Chaeyoung, they often coincidentally found themselves in the same place at the same time. Both would rise early every morning, continuing their training sessions. Then, Chaeyoung would head directly to the library to study war strategies, Goryeo history, philosophical theories, and geography with Namjoon, and Taehyung would already be there painting another type of enchanting flower. In a strange way, they had developed their own routine and he had become a comforting constant in her unpredictable world of instability – something she could depend on.

Lunch always came next, where they would test one of Seokjin's new recipes and almost die of satisfaction while Jisoo and Yoongi tried not to kill each other over which one of them was responsible for washing the dishes. Chaeyoung would try her best to maintain the peace while Lisa and Taehyung watched, utterly entertained.

Now that they were fully rested and Chaeyoung's strength and knowledge had increased, they were ready to desert their safe haven and officially begin their journey to reclaim the stolen throne.

"One of the first resources we require if we are to overthrow your brother," Namjoon announced to the group early that morning as they began packing their bags, "is weapons. The best place to acquire this is a town called Donggyeong which is—"

"Down south, near the Eastern ocean," Taehyung finished his sentence for him, and then looked up at the 6 surprised faces that were staring at him with a shrug, "it's located right beside Daegu, so I've been there multiple times."

(A/N: Here is the map again for your reference)

Namjoon nodded, obviously impressed with Taehyung's geographical knowledge, "it will be about a week's journey, and it will be physically strenuous as we must first travel through the mountain villages to get there

Namjoon nodded, obviously impressed with Taehyung's geographical knowledge, "it will be about a week's journey, and it will be physically strenuous as we must first travel through the mountain villages to get there. I trust that the two weeks you spent here were used wisely to prepare, because if any of you hinder our progress by even a smidge, you will be left behind. Understood?"

The group nodded collectively – except for Yoongi who just scoffed and rolled his eyes, but everyone knew by then that was the only form of agreement he could conjure.

"So... Jennie's a pretty name," Chaeyoung said casually as she and Taehyung finished packing their bags and began following the rest of the group out the doors. In these 2 weeks, she had also tried to extract any information possible from Taehyung or Yoongi about the conversation they had concerning 'Jimin and Jennie', but both of them were impossibly good at keeping whatever secret they were protecting.

Taehyung grinned, "are you still hung up on that conversation? It's been 2 weeks, princess. Build a bridge and get over it."

"It must belong to an equally pretty woman," she pointed out, blatantly ignoring his comment and keeping her face as expressionless as possible.