VI

24 hours before...

♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤

The bath water was sprinkled with rose  petals and the scent of tropical mango. A lavender scented candle in the background helped create an environment that seemed more like a spa than the bathroom of a castle. The dim lighting from the candle could have easily lulled the occupant of the room into a deep slumber.

A thin arm arose from the tub with a rose petals stuck on it, most likely to check if the lilac nail polish on it was still dry and in place. Luckily, it was, as they were painted 3 hours before this. But even now, it stayed the same color advertised on the bottle.

But, she could feel herself drifting off. She grew tired from the long day of menu planning, getting the final touches on her outfit, creating a playlist for the bard, and even getting a quick work out in before prepping for a spa night.

Who knew lavender candles and tropical mango could be so relaxing?

◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇

Princess Kenny sat under a cherry blossom tree with the Paladin she admired so much. The breeze blew in to ease the warmth of the summer sun.

"Have you ever thought about love?" the young Paladin inquired.

"Not in a while. My last endeavor in love ended with my money stolen and me being stabbed and left for dead in an alley."

"Oh, hamburgers. That doesn't sound too fun."

"Nah. But it did teach me a bit about how to tell if someone does truly love you."

Suddenly, a heavy bout of snow began to fall. In the snow, a face could be seen.

♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧

Kenny woke up before she could identify the face in the snow. What was supposed to be a calm night was about to end in mystery and fear.