<11>

quick fact: duke is actually my favorite character in Heathers, but for the sake of this story she's a bitch so lMAO 

Heather Chandler's eyes widened as Duke was there in her gym uniform, leaning against the doorway, chipping at her green painted nails.

"What are you doing here?" Chandler asked.

"I wanted to say I'm sorry. I'm sorry for making fun of you and calling you things. I didn't know what I was doing. Can you forgive me?"

Heather looked into Duke's dark eyes and saw what was always in her eyes.

"You're very bad at lying by the way." Heather crossed her arms, rolling her eyes at the girl before her.

"Heather made me say it, sorry for the huge bummer." Duke made a sarcastic emphasis on the 'huge bummer' part.

"So what did you actually want to say?"

"So um I don't want to ruin you're little fun but I think you did a huge mistake and I hate you now."

Heather wanted to snicker. Duke was never really good with words. And she was even worse at trying to let you down easy.

"Alright cool so what are you gonna do about it?" Heather asked.

"Not much, probably just call you names and leave to bitch and moan alone." Duke shrugged, still picking her nails as she didn't give thoughts about the conversation she was in.

"Sounds delightful." Heather rolled her eyes and set her hand on the doorknob. 

She was about to close the door when there was voice of 'wait!' and Duke's foot was in between the door and it's place of closing. Heather opened the door again and before she could even open her mouth or do another movement, Duke slapped her and walked off.

"Hope you have the guts!" Duke cackled, walking off and hopping into Kurt Kelly's car, as he apparently was parked there the whole time, and rode off.

Heather's cheek stung a bit as she closed the door. In fact, it wasn't only her cheek that stung, but her feelings. Duke didn't understand.

But, in a way, she was also curious. People called her 'hot' and 'stunning', and she did't know if it was because she was the top of the pyramid at school or because she actually looked that way, though she doubts it was actually her looks. Kurt and Ram had tried to seduce her many times, and some other jocks at Westerburg tried to as well, and that's how Heather first introduced Veronica into the Heathers- by getting her drunk at a party and making her have sex with some guy she met. Unfortunately, Veronica started vomiting and had to back out, but that wasn't the point. The point was- was she actually pretty?

Later that day, as her father came home from work and they had a hot dinner (to make sure Heather would 'get better sooner'), Heather went to her bathroom and looked into the mirror.

She didn't see an ugly slob.

She didn't see a fat mess.

She was a disappointment.

And it was all thanks to JD and Duke.