<18>

School can suck a dick.

And hey, don't tell anyone anything about language, everyone thanks that

Right about now Heather was contemplating why she was even sitting with Veronica and McNamara in lunch, eating yet again the cardboard pasta. She force the food in her mouth and gagged.

"Hate this stuff." Heather almost vomit.

"Alright guys, we need to study," McNamara said, having her pretty and organized little notebook before her, "we have a huge math test and we need to get a good grade on. I volunteer coming to my place!"

"We've been there plenty of times." Veronica rolled her eyes.

"How about... your place?"

"It's a huge mess. How about Heather's?"

Heather paused and looked at them. No way my place. Nopeity nope nope nope.

"Yeah! How about it, Heather? We study at your place?"

Heather felt time slow down. There was a reason she never invite people to her house. There's a very good reason. Fortunately, no one knows it, but that's the point.

But at the same time, she couldn't let her friends down.

Or her grades but that's besides the point.

"Sure, my place!" She squeaked.

They smiled and nodded, pleased with her response.

*** *** *** ***

Walking down the street to my house the next day, Heather tried to control her breathing. She cleaned out the house yesterday, making sure everything was neat and tidy. Nothing revealed.

She cleaned the kitchen, living room, the garage, bathroom downstairs, my parent's room, and my room.

Yeah, that seems about it.

We got closer and closer and soon enough we were going inside it. They looked at her place and smile.

"Your house is really nice." That say.

That made Heather smile. No "i see a mess over there", or "is this a blood stain?" Just, "your house is really nice."

And that's all that Heather needs.