Saying goodbye

Monday, August 5
Hey... it's Ali's funeral today... I just want to say goodbye properly. Madison is coming with me. She didn't take the news well either.
"Zara"
Coming.
"Are you ready?"
Yes, Theo.
"Are you okay"
No, but it's okay.
"Zara, I know this day is going to be hard for you, I know you're going to miss her. Do this for her. Okay?"
Thanks, Theo. Can you give me a minute, I need to grab something.
"Okay, try to be quick"

..... it's time. Ali said no more tears. But it's too hard... I'll see you guys there...

So... I'm here... it's just really weird to be here. I feel like she's still here but ... she isn't. I want to say bye to her properly. But I don't know how.
"... Zara"
Oh, Hello Mrs. Cooper.
"... um, Zara, could I ask you something."
Sure...
"... you were close with my daughter, and I'm going to ask you something, and it would mean a lot to Alison. If I do it I don't know what I would say... please."
Yes, Mrs. Cooper, I'll do it ...but what do you want me to do.
"... can you ... just say a few words... I'm sure Ali... would appreciate it coming from her friend... I don't know what I would say in front of everyone."
I will do it, this day must be really hard for you... I will do anything for Alison.
"... thank you, Zara. You have been good to my daughter. She got a real friend and that makes me happy to know she didn't leave this world feeling lonely."
Alison really helped me, it's the most o could do for her.
"Thank you,"

Madison, can you hold my camera.
"Sure, go up there and make Ali proud."
Thanks, Maddie.

Excuse me, everyone, if I could just say something... Ali was a friend, sister and a lifesaver. I owe everything to her. Just 11 years old and she had more wisdom than any adult I've met. All she wanted was to be treated as normal. She didn't want pity and she didn't want to be seen as weak because she wasn't. In fact, she was stronger than anyone I've ever met. Cancer was not going to push her back. She did everything she could to enjoy her life. And I'm glad I was apart of her life as she was apart of mine. Ali said to me I don't have a choice but you do and now I know exactly what she means.
... So Ali, if you're listening, thank you for giving me my life back. And I miss you so much. I'm going to try to be half the girl you are. Thank you.

"You did good Zara."
Thanks, Maddie.
"You did her proud."
I hope so...