Chapter 13: The Couple

The Doctor, Amy and Rory walked back in the TARDIS after having a day at... some type of beach on some type of planet. I never fully grasped onto what the Doctor was talking about.

I looked out to the beautiful bright pink sea and the light blue sand. Both of the suns were setting to where you could only see one half of them glancing above the water. You could see the reflection in the water, a wonderful bright orange. I closed my eyes and I inhaled the fresh scent of peppermint.

I heard the creaking of the TARDIS doors open once more and I opened my eyes to find the Doctor standing right beside me. "It's beautiful isn't it?" he asked giving a smile. "Very." We both turned around and walked into the TARDIS.

I was wearing carpis so no one noticed that the bruise was getting slightly worse. I've been on it too much. I half limped, half walked up the stairs and sat down on the chair. "Alright it's been a few weeks that you have been here," the Doctor pointed to me, "so that was your gift from me. I have no idea why I haven't done that in a while but it was the best beach I've been to in a long time."

"It was," Amy said putting her arm around Rory. "Let's see, Anna you've already gotten into trouble, and that being kidnapped, and you've managed to convince me to take you to a beach and relax. Which, I find quite boring but that's Farveil got you. Beautiful place but boring..." the Doctor said.

I walked up towards him. "It wasn't boring, it was relaxing. After being captured by Krillitanes, Farveil,or whatever it's called, takes your mind off things," I told him. "And you seem remarkably better after today. Maybe, all you need was to calm down once in a while."

He looked defeated. "I'm calm most of the time," he fought back. I gave him a questionable look. I shrugged. "Fine. But don't think you've won..." I replied. I walked over to Amy and Rory. Amy pulled her arm off of Rory and hung it around me.

"I think I'm going to adopt this kid," she joked. The Doctor smirked. "Actually, I've got other plans for you Anna," he said with a sad look appearing on his face. "What do you mean?" I asked, my smile turning into a worried frown. I knew what he was going to do.

"Anna, I think it's time for you to go back," he said,half whispering. He walked over to me. I shoved Amy's arm off my shoulder. "Why?" I asked half angry, half sad. "Anna, I think-" "Why are you going to put me back into that hell of an orphanage?!" I yelled. I could feel the tears coming. Amy and Rory ran down the stairs to the lower platform. We already landed awhile ago.

I turned around, embarrassed because I'm crying in front of him. I hated crying in from of anyone. I could feel the Doctor's hand on my shoulder. "Anna, I'm so," "Don't touch me," I whispered. He took his hand off of me. "Anna, come with us..." Amy said. I walked slowly to them. I wouldn't look at the Doctor.

"You knew?" I managed to say. Rory grabbed my hand and pulled me out of the TARDIS. Amy walked out and closed the door behind her. I looked up expecting the horrid orphanage in Alva but instead I was standing in front of a one story apartment. It was too small to be a house.

"The Doctor's friend, Craig and his wife Sophie, adopted you. everything's been taken care of. All of your stuff's been transferred here and I think you would enjoy meeting your new parents and younger brother," Amy said. I looked up at them.

"Really?" I asked. I thought I would never be adopted. I mean, who would want me? Rory nodded. They both walked me up to the door and Amy rang the doorbell. A large man with blond hair opened the door. "Yes?" He asked. So he was British.

I'm not going to stand out at all. *Note the sarcasm* I look nothing like this man. "Hi, we're the Doctor's friends and this," Rory pulled me closer to him," is Anna." "Oh my,uh Hi!" he said sweetly. I gave a friendly smile.

"Hey,you must be Craig." "Yes. Oh,um Sophie!" he called. A blond woman about the same height came to the door. "Sophie, this is Anna!" he told her. "Oh God, um hi Anna!" she greeted. She gave a sweet grin. I guess she's glad to have a daughter. She was holding a baby.

"Hello. Who's this?" I asked. "This is our son Alfie," Craig said. I smiled at him. He was a cute baby. I looked at Amy and gave her a hug. "Thank you," I whispered. "No problem," she whispered back. I pulled away and hugged Rory. "Don't do anything stupid," I told him.

"I won't," he laughed. I knew why the Doctor wanted me to come back. I couldn't travel with him since I was 15. I have things to do. I walked into Craig and Sophie's flat and closed the door behind me. I immediately ran to the window and saw the Doctor standing in front of it.

Amy and Rory stopped right in front of him. I couldn't read lips so I had no idea what they were saying. The Doctor turned around and pushed the doors open and they followed him in and the next thing I knew, the blue box had vanished.