jung chanwoo - "fool"

inspired by cavetown fool & this is home

you gripped chanwoo's hand and smiled, "why are you walking so slow?"

chanwoo trudged along with the broken cement, "because it's so hard to walk when you're tired."

you frowned at chanwoo's response and said, "why did you go to sleep so late?"

chanwoo chuckled, "it's not like i didn't want to sleep it's just that i was up late thinking about all the ways my life could've gone if i made one decision. i was also up thinking about a girl."

you scrunched your nose in disgust, "a girl? since when do you let your hormones control your thoughts."

chanwoo clicked his tongue in annoyance and stopped when you two got to the school gate, "i don't know to be honest, but this girl has been invading my thoughts."

you rolled your eyes and finally let go of his hand, "good luck with that chan, i've got to go meet up with my boyfriend."

chanwoo grabbed onto your wrist and let his lips curve downward, "you have a boyfriend?"

you suddenly became shy at the thought of him being called your boyfriend. you shoved your hands into the sides of your jacket pockets, "taehyung asked me out last week."

chanwoo's frown became more evident on his face, "and you didn't tell me?"

you shrugged your shoulders, "i didn't see a need to. i mean you're my best friend but not my diary."

chanwoo looked at you and smiled sadly, "you're right. i guess."

you grinned, "thanks for understanding woo, i got to go now." you gave him a little wave and then walked away from chanwoo.

chanwoo looked down at the ground and kicked a pebble towards your direction. he mumbled, "yeah...understanding."

-

you scanned the cafeteria to search for your best friend. as soon as you found him you walked in the general direction of him. he had his headphones in and was drawing in his thick sketchbook. you threw your backpack down onto the floor and greeted chanwoo quietly.

chanwoo didn't pay any attention to you and continued to draw his picture. you raised your eyebrow and murmured, "alright then moody much?" he still didn't respond to you so you just rolled your eyes. you ripped one of the earbuds out of his ear and said, "i said hello."

he looked at you blankly and said, "i know."

you frowned, "and you're not going to say anything back?"

he shook his head, signaling no. "i don't have energy to speak."

"you're speaking right now."

chanwoo glared at you, "i know i am."

you slammed your hands down on the table, "what the hell is your problem? since this morning you've been so moody and it's starting to get really annoying woo."

chanwoo clenched his teeth and said, "don't worry about it. you're my best friend not my diary."

you folded your arms across your chest, "is that what this is about?"

chanwoo stood up abruptly and said angrily, "no! it's about me being so in love with you and you not even noticing. often i'm upset that i can't fall in love, but then i look at you and then i remember i am in love. i wish i never did fall in love because then i wouldn't have to worry about the stress of falling out of it. i'm such a fool to keep on chasing after you!"

chanwoo huffed and aggressively shoved his belongings into his backpack. "goodbye." he said before he stormed off.

you just sat there in shock of what he said, "i am just a fool to keep pretending that i don't love you..."

word count: 602