kim donghyuk - "older"

you sighed as you placed your bag down on the desk in the library. you pulled out your sketchbook and looked around for your friends. "damn where are they?" you said confused.

not that it mattered anyway they were usually ones to get detention for getting caught using their phones in class. you whispered low rants every so often without realizing it. "god, you're so stupid!" you said a little too loud.

a senior you recognized as kim donghyuk, he excelled in the arts from winning drama competitions for your school to winning solo competitions for himself on the weekends, stared at you. he looked taken aback at your previous statement. "excuse me?"

you started shaking your head frantically and said, "no no no. i'm so sorry about that. i do this weird thing where i rant in my head and out loud continuously. you just happened to hear that. i'm so sorry."

his facial expression didn't change. his eyes still had a fiery glare to them, his nose kind of just say there, his ears were red, his eyebrows were twitching, and his lips stayed in a thin flat line. his lips were so straight that if they were copied down twice they could be parallel to one another.

he finally grinned "i'm not sure I want to believe that, mrs. (l/n)."

your mouth gaped at his words "how do you know my name?"

he pointed at your sketchbook "you're a sophomore. you have some of the best art in our school. some of the best pieces i've ever seen submitted in my life."

you felt your cheeks heat up in embarrassment. art was your life and to hear that you did so well in something was refreshing. "thank you donghyuk-ah. Is there any possible way i can make it up to you? i mean you did just compliment my work. i would feel terrible if i just left after that."

donghyuk chuckled "sure why not (y/n). let me just go get my things from the art building and i'll meet you back here."

-

when you took donghyuk out to eat he just had to order the most expensive thing. you winced "my wallet felt that. It used to be heavier and now it's starving again."

donghyuk paid you no attention and just kept stuffing his face with plate beyond plate.

"with all due respect donghyuk-ah. how can you eat so much? I don't think i'm comprehending."

"dancing, drawing, painting, and acting all take a lot of dedication and hard work. all the arts teachers are constantly fighting over me. it's tiring but in the end, it's very rewarding when i get to see all my hard work paid off."

you just nodded "so you're saying you're hungry all the time?"

"that's all you got from that speech?"

"basically." you said laughing at his face. "i'm sorry donghyuk-ah but you should see your face when I said that. it's priceless."

donghyuk sighed, "please (y/n) just call me donghyuk."

"are you sure? we barely met and i hardly know you."

he smiled, "and yet it feels like we've known each other forever. am i right or am i right?"

"i guess you've got a point, but still" you said shrugging