kim hanbin - "soulmates"

"soulmates don't exist." hanbin said as he slammed his empty cup on the counter.

you sighed, "hanbin they exist. not only is there fucking scientific proof that on your 21st birthday that a tattoo of your soulmates name is on your wrist."

hanbin smirked, "is there anyone you hope that would be your soulmate?"

you cupped your own face to prevent the redness of your cheeks showing up, "yeah."

hanbin laughed loudly, "well i didn't get a soulmate tattoo. isn't that kind of sad?"

you removed your hands from your cheeks and scoffed, "maybe if you had done your research properly you would know binnie. only girls get the tattoo and they are always on the wrist."

hanbin scowled, "isn't that sexist or something?"

you placed your hands over your mouth to prevent any of your giggles from coming out.

"what's so funny?" hanbin said with one eyebrow raised.

"maybe the universe is a little sexist hanbin."

hanbin smiled at you and got up from his seat, "well (y/n), happy early birthday i'll see you tomorrow so you can brag about your tattoo."

-

the clock has just struck midnight and you expectantly looked at your wrist. nothing.

you frowned, "damn maybe hanbin was right. soulmates can't be real."

suddenly you felt a shock on your wrist, "shit. that hurt."

you slowly brought your eyes down to be tattoo to check whose name was on it. you gasped, "h-hanbin?"

you placed your hands everywhere on your dresser to find your phone, but the dark had to make everything harder. so when you heard a loud noise you grasped the object in your hand. your phone? yes it was. you dialed hanbin's number and placed your phone near your ear.

when hanbin finally answered after three rings he groaned, "what is it (y/n)?"

"h-hanbin?" you stuttered, suddenly flushed at the fact that hanbin was your soulmate. there were too many things you told hanbin or even did with him.

"yes?" he said sounding even more tired than before.

"you're my soulmate."

the other line went silent for a while and then hanbin finally spoke up, "i'll be there soon."

"wait hanbin don't- and he hung up on me." you gripped your hair harshly, "ugh this is stressing me out."

-

hanbin sat down on your couch and you sat next to him, but with a little distance between you two because you didn't want to make him uncomfortable after the recent discovery.

"c-can i see your wrist?" hanbin said as he made eye contact with you in the dark.

you protectively hide your wrist, "why? do you not trust me?"

hanbin scoffed, "just let me see it damn it!"

you shoved your wrist towards him. hanbin delicately took your wrist into his hands and scanned it. his name was printed into your wrist with a flower at the end. hanbin smirked, "i guess it is true then."

you pulled back your arm from him and sighed, "that's no way to treat your soulmate."

hanbin laughed, "i have no idea how to treat a lady. if you haven't noticed i refused to ever get a girlfriend."

you nodded and placed your hand on his, "it's fine if you don't want this then, we don't have to be together."

hanbin let out another laugh, "you're dumb. of course i want to be with you, i'm just saying I'll make a bunch of mistakes since i'm new to this."

you nodded once again since you were too shy to say anything.

"why are you being so quiet?" hanbin said

"i'm not..." you retaliated with.

the silence engulfed the both of you once again. this silence wasn't as defining as the other one, perhaps this silence was more comforting.

hanbin stood up, "where's your room?"

"w-what? you know where it is. why are you asking?" you asked confused.

hanbin shook his head in his frustration, "i meant, is it okay if i stay in your room? i can sleep on the couch. i just want to stay in the same room as you to m-make sure you're safe and all?"

you smiled, "don't sleep on the couch hanbin-ah. we've uh...had sex before so i'm comfortable with you."

hanbin smirked, "i can't believe your still remember that."

you scoffed, "what happened to the shy and frustrated boy? i liked that better than when you're a cocky bastard."

hanbin smiled and ruffled your hair, "let's just go to sleep now. okay?"

you nodded and placed your hand in hanbin's. dragging him to your room was the best part, because after you closed the bedroom door he kissed your forehead while muttering goodnight.

which was not only heart fluttering but cute.

word count: 790