Chapter 10

"I can't do that Alex! He'll be in so much pain! He was just changed today! It's going to kill him! And you do realize, if it doesn't kill him, that'll most likely mean he's stronger than you are."

"Philip. Do it. Now. Or you will face the consequences."

"Can I unstrap him? You of all people know that being closer to the one that's transforming people makes the pain less on both sides of it."

Alex thinks for a second then nods. I look at Phil in fear as he unstraps me. "You're going to be okay Dan. Sit up." He says to me under his breath.

I sit up and watch as Phil sits next to me. "What's the transformation? You said you'd tell me later and time to tell me is running out."

"I'm sorry in advance for what I have to do."

"Just tell me Phil. What do you have to do?"

"I basically have to kill you. I have to drain you of blood and cause multiple bone breaks. It's the worst pain you'll ever feel as a vampire. And any pain from the bone breaks is ten times worse than it would be if you were human."

"Is there specific bones you have to break?"

"Yes. Ribs and spine. But most people pass out before they get to that stage. The blood loss causes it."

I try to respond but can't, getting more nervous.

"I'm sorry Dan. I really don't want to do this to you." He says and pulls me into a hug. "The more physical contact we have with each other during the transformation, the easier this will be for you."

"Get on with it Philip." Alex says harshly.

Phil nods, still hugging me. "Tilt your head to the side. And brace yourself for a lot of pain."