Chapter 12

I wake up, looking around the room I'm in. My head is pounding and I feel really dizzy. Phil is sitting on a chair by the bed. "Ph-Phil?"

He stands up and walks over to me. "Dan. You're awake. You were passed out for a week and you started worrying me. Are you feeling okay?"

"I-uh yeah. I'm ok. I'm a bit dizzy and I have a minor headache but otherwise, I'm good." I say, sitting up.

He sits next to me, just watching me for a second. "If the transformation worked properly, you should have fangs. If you open your mouth, I'll check for you."

I nod and open my mouth slightly.

"Your fangs are there. I bet you're hungry?"

I nod.

"Good thing is, tonight's a hunting night. I can take you along with me. I know some people that would satisfy your newly transformed hunger."

"But don't you have to eat too? I'd probably slow down your hunting."

"I do have to eat. But now that I've transformed you, I can't feed from any normal person."

"Who do you have to feed from then?"

"You. But now that you're full vampire now, it only hurts for a second. Then it's the best feeling in the world."

"When did you last feed? Cause unless you fed from me while I was asleep, you haven't eaten in a week."

"My last proper feed was a month ago. That's when I first started watching you."

"But didn't you feed when you transformed me? Or when you changed me"

"Changings and transformations don't satisfy hunger. When you change someone, you actually only get a few drops of blood. Most of the process is letting venom seep in to the bloodstream."

"Well, what about transformations? Didn't you drain me? How does that not satisfy you?"

"It does. But don't forget that it causes pain for the vampire too. While the person being transformed heals, the person that did the transformation gets nausea from pain and ends up loosing the blood they just drank."

"Oh. Ok. So it's been a month since you ate?"

"Yeah."

"How long can you go without feeding?"

"A little over a month."

"Oh. So that means you should feed soon."

"I should. But it's okay. I'm not making you do it anytime soon."

"No. You need to feed and I'm the way that happens. Go ahead."

"Are you sure you want to do this?"

I nod, leaning against him slightly.

"Ok.'' He says and sits behind me, one leg on either side of my crossed legs. He grabs my hands from behind. "Ready?"

"Ready."