F I V E

I sat on my counter bathroom as Michelle dapped alcohol on my upper lip. It stung but I didn't flinch. The numbness hadn't worn off yet. The music from the party continued but it seemed forced now that Jake had been thrown from our house. He'd beat on the door for an hour afterwards demanding that I be given to him.

He'd stopped eventually. Probably left.

"God, What is wrong with that asshole?" Michelle snapped as she gently tended to my lip. My mom had popped in to make sure I was okay.

I didn't answer for the fear that I may go off on my best friend. I jerked my head away and stood.

"Riley.." Michelle called my name softly.

I shut the bathroom door behind me. I swept through the sliding doors and sat down at the edge of the pool again. I breathed in an out. In and out. Bile rose at the back of my throat. My nerves a frenzy within my body. I leaned my head back and swiped my hand down my neck, collecting the sweat that had formed there.

"Aye."

My body jumped in fright. I turned my head slowly to greet the rough voice that was Jax's. He lit a cigarette. That damn black cowboy hat hiding his crystal blue eyes. His light brown scruff illuminated his face and made it even more handsome and rugged.

I waved my arm above my head in a lazy greeting. I stared at my reflection in the pool.

Don't think about what happened.

His footsteps neared me and my heart beat this with each step of his. My nerves flared and the nausea became unstoppable. I calmed my breathing as he neared. Sweat soaked my face creating a thick layer of sheen. I rolled my neck as a chest pressed against my back. Jax attacked my neck with his lips and my breath hitched.

My heart rate began to rise and I tilted my head to the side on instinct. He took his black hat off and set it beside our bodies. I let out soft moan as he licked my sweat from my neck.

I stood up and looked for a place to fool around in discreet. My eyes landed on the brush between my neighbors yard and my own. Jax spotted it too.

I was laid down in the seclusion of the bushes. Jax pumped himself into me over and over and over. My head tilted back as his lips nuzzled for my neck. I sighed and wrapped my hands up into his long black hair. I panted and the knot inside my stomach began to unfurl. Jax came undone too and held himself in place as his release came to an end. He pulled out of me and laid on his back beside me. I went to get up but was pulled down onto Jax. I straddled him and he cupped the back of my neck, pulling me down until our lips collided. He pulled back and pecked me again. He pulled away again and brought his lips forward for the third time. This continued. Little pecks on the lips.

His tongue sometimes gliding across my lower lip or darting into my mouth. Eventually, we got up and made our way to the house after making ourself decent—or I had, at least. Jax's black silken shirt was undone and spilled over his jeans—no longer tucked in. His face sweaty and his hair tussled and messy. He plopped his hat on top of my head as he sat down in one of the cushioned chairs outside. I crossed my arms and yelped when he pulled me into his lap.

Again, our lips collided and I felt that forbidden feeling that teens often said they had a streak of in romance movies. Only this, between me and Jax, this was bad. Dangerously satisfying. It made me want more. I tilted my head up and watched the sky as Jax's lips attacked my collar bones and the valley between my breasts.

This man—beautiful only to me and rugged—was getting to my head. I shuddered, my whole body shaking just for a moment. I rolled my neck until my eyes locked with the man's under me. He bit my bottom lip gently, pulling it back until letting it go. I sucked on my bottom lip. Down and up. Lips colliding. Hips grinding.

My mind snapped back to reality and I realized that I was on my back patio and my mom and stepdad were right inside. My head snapped up and I stumbled off of him.

50 dollars and a card that said few words—words that held little meaning to Jax but a whole lot to me. I shook my head and bile was too much to contain this time. I was sure I looked like a ghost. The color drained from my face. My body flew across the yard and I dropped to my knees. I gagged but nothing came out—because I hadn't eaten anything. Slow footsteps in the grass.

"Aye, what's goin' on." Jax demanded.

"Nothing. Nothing. Just go!" My hand flew in his direction, "Just go and don't tell anyone about this!" I snapped. I closed my eyes and breathed. In and out. In and out until my nerves calmed completely. I leaned back on my heels and rubbed the tops of my thighs in an effort to calm myself. I stood and turned around. Jax stood still. Watching and silent. Always watching. His face held no worry. Nothing. He watched me as if I were some drunk girl.

I shook my head and he followed me into my house.

"There you are!!" My Mom held my gaze, "So you've met Jackson?" She said, her eyes flitting to Jax.

I gave him a look, my eyebrow raised.

Jackson?

"Yup." I told her, "Very nice."

His hand brushed against my backside. I reigned in my shudder.

"Nice meetin' ya ma'am." He nodded once and disappeared. The front door shut behind him and a truck started up.

"He is a full on cowboy." My mother sighed dreamily as she stared after Jax.

"How old is he?" I asked my mom.

"Too old for you." She joked, "He's almost 30. 29, I think?"

My breath stopped again. Mom gave me a smile, "Why don't you go say bye to your sister and Robbie and then go clean up and get in bed. Alan and I will clean up down here."

I nodded, swallowing.

I hugged my sister and Robbie before heading up stairs quickly. I shut my door and locked it, willing myself to stay calm. Willing the nausea to stay at bay.