E I G H T

"Just a few more minutes and we'll have our answer

"Just a few more minutes and we'll have our answer." Michelle assured me with worry written in her eyes as she set the test on the counter. I nodded and took a deep breath. I hoped her mom didn't find out. We sat in her bathroom with a box of pregnancy tests and she held her stomach in anticipation. I pressed my face into my hands and took deep breaths.

Just a few more minutes..

"One more." Michelle said grabbing my knee. I nodded again and grasped her shoulder, "We'll get through this together, right?" Michelle asked.

I nodded. A promise.

She waited a few more beats before lifting the test face down. She flipped it over..

ℛℳ

"Riley!" My mother called my name, "I want you to meet Tyler."

"Hi

"Hi." He told me, hands in his jacket pockets.

"Hi." I smiled and held my hand out, "Riley." I introduced.

"This is Mr. Peter's son." My mother told me smiling and raising a brow, "He's going to be living with us for a few months while Mr. Peter goes off on a business trip." Behind my mom, Tyler made a drinking sign with his thumb and pinky and smirked at me. I tried not to laugh as Tyler grinned. I shook my head at him.

"That's fine. Do you want me to make him a room?" I asked.

"That would be nice, Yes." She told me. I nodded.

"Nice to meet you, Tyler." I smiled.

"You too, Riley." He winked and grinned one more time before he went back to talking with my mom. I nodded and walked upstairs.

ℛℳ

*A month before*

I walked away and dragged Jax with me. I smiled and spun around when we made it out of the bar's threshold. I cupped his face and slammed my alcohol laced lips to his. He grabbed my hips and darted his tongue into my mouth. I smiled and explored his mouth too. He is around and pressed me to the wall behind me. I smiled as he took me in the front seat of his truck that night.

The next day I walked into his apartment with some groceries. I stacked them in the fridge and filled his cabinets with food. The door opened again and he tackled me to the floor. I giggled as he placed kisses all over my face, my neck. My body.

"What're ya doin'." He growled and kissed my neck one more time before pulling me up.

"Making sure you don't starve." I grinned and wrapped my arms around his neck. He pecked me on the lips. Once. Twice. I ran my hands through his hair before placing another kiss on his lips. He carried me off to his bedroom, my legs wrapped around his waist, and slammed the door shut.

A week of Jax and me went by. Drinking in the bar. Fucking in the apartment. Kissing on the beach. He was mine and I was his. I stroked his hair as he laid his head on my chest. He listened to my heart beat. I listened to his breathing. I smiled I stared at the ceiling, "You have to go." I whispered to him.

"Now?" He asked.

"It's almost 6." I told him, "Everyone will be up by then. Repairs." I reminded. He got up with a huff and walked out of my bedroom door quietly before I heard the front door shut. I got up and peered out of my window. Jax climbed into his truck, flipping his long black hair to the side. He pulled out of the drive and sped off. I sighed through my nose and got ready for the day.

I'd been shopping for Jax lately and he hadn't said anything. I pulled up to his house and parked beside his old truck. I left my car and made my way to the door upstairs. I slid the key into the lock and pushed the door open. I filled the cupboards and the fridge with food and drinks. I set my purse on the couch and tidied up his place. It was a mess. A lamp was knocked over. I huffed a laugh. He came home drunk last night. He must've left early this morning.

His bedroom door was closed and so I opened it to clean his room up. We'd made a mess of it the night before only I couldn't clean it up last night because I had something else to do. I peeked my head in and frowned and felt bile rise to my throat.

"Oh god yes..." the woman whispered, "Harder, Jax.. C'mon, baby."

A soft grunt and I shuddered breath and Jax tilted his head back. His eyes rolled to the back of his head. I shook my head but left the door cracked as to not make any noise. I gathered up my stuff and left the apartment.

Jax had grown bored of me.

I rubbed my stomach as I thought back to that day. I'd caught him in the middle of..

I shook my head and slowed my breathing trying to control the nausea that overcame my body. I made the bed up and put the pillows in place.