N I N E

The bar had few people in it—none of them being Jax, thank god. I'd done a very good job at staying away from him. I took the routes he didn't take. I stayed in my house unless I absolutely had to leave. Like now.

Tyler pulled me into the bar. Our fingers interlaced as he rubbed a thumb over the back of my hand. He grinned at me, his brown eyes filled with light. He winked and pulled me to him by the belt loops. He swayed us back and forth as we made our way to the counter, "What'll it be." The barkeep asked.

"Two whiskeys. One on the rocks." He teased and pressed his lips to mine, "So?" He asked me.

"So." I grinned and put my lips to his own, "Hows work." He groaned, his grin staying, and tilted his head back and laughed.

"Any talk But about work, babygirl." He begged me. I brought my hands up and locked them with his, "How about you tell me what color panties your wearing?" He teased again.

"I'll show you mine if you show me yours." I shot back with a raise of my brow. He shook his head defiantly.

"Red?"

I shook my head.

"Black?"

Another shake.

"My favorite color?"

Another shake, "I wouldn't make it that easy."

A text on my phone. I held up a finger to signal him to wait. I clicked my phone on and read the message.

Ella, Robbie, and Jax are here for dinner. Come home. Love you. Bye.

My eyes widened and Tyler gave me a peculiar look, "What is it?" He asked.

"I'm so glad we haven't had a drink yet."

"Why?"

"My sister and her husband are over and Mom wants us home for dinner." I told him. He laughed again and kissed my forehead.

"C'mon, slave girl. Let's go home." He smirked and kissed me again.

The drive home was too short. I was sweaty and nauseas all at once. I hadn't seen Jax in two months.

Why do you even care? You have Tyler. He's all you need.

I straightened myself up and opened my door. Tyler slung his arm around my shoulder and kissed me again. I smiled and ruffled his hair, "C'mon, my big strong boy." I baby talked him. He snarled a bit and spun me around.

We walked inside and my mother greeted us first, "Took you two long enough. Hurry. Come. Come." She ushered us into the dining room and my breath hitched at the sight of Jax. I quickly flitted my gaze somewhere else. Gone was the black outfit with a cowboy hat. He wore a jean jacket and jeans.