ONE

"It's too tight."

"It's just right."

"Didn't  people usually only do this in the olden days?" I asked my mom as she tightened the strings to my corset.

"It's what your sister wants." Momma told me. I rolled my eyes.

"Riley!!!" My best friend Michelle ran inside with a box of chocolates.

"Oh, none for me. I might break the dress." I mumbled. Momma bopped me on the head and I winced.

"Hi, Michelle." My Mom greeted.

Michelle gasped, "Mrs. Miller, you look...amazing."

"Oh don't flatter me." My mom giggled.

I rolled my eyes again.

"And Riley...oh girl, you're gonna make the most beautiful bride maid." Michelle giggled.

"Mhmmm, if I'm not killed by this dress first." I told her.

"She's just whining." Momma told Michelle, "Oh! I'm out of bobby pins! I'll be right back."

Michelle watched my mother leave my room and squealed, "OMG! Riley, guess what?!"

"You're gonna loosen my dress for me before Mom gets back so I can eat one of those chocolates?" I asked. She smiled and began unlacing the dress a little.

"I saw the most beautiful man I think I've ever seen!" She said excitedly.

"Oh, really?" I groaned.

"Mhmm.." she sighed and lost track of what she was saying. Probably day dreaming about this boy. She squealed when she heard my mom and backed away from my dress.

"So, Michelle. What are you wearing?" My Mom asked her.

"This red satin dress." She held up the beautiful piece of fabric and I whimpered.

"It'll show cleavage." My mother said.

"Oh, C'mon, Mrs. Miller. Don't tell me you didn't show a little back then." Michelle giggled and my mother gave her a seductive look and wiggles her junk.

"Oh, Mom!" I snapped and covered my eyes.

"Riley! You'll mess your make up up!"

ℛℳ

It was almost time for the big event and my get already hurt. I groaned as I held my little clipping of flowers. Michelle tickled my side as she past me and took a seat next to the gorgeous man she was talking about. He was blonde and didn't seem that gorgeous. I rolled my eyes and bounced on the balls of my feet in anticipation for this to all be over. When my wedding came, I would demand that everyone where slippers and their Pj's.

The music started up and we began to walk. I smiled prettily like my mother had taught me and slipped up to where my sister would be. The other women filed behind me. Then, everyone stood up as the main wedding theme began.
Da da da da...da da da da...da da da da da da da da da da...

Over and over and over until my sister made it up to her groom—Robbie, Bobby? I didn't really take the time to learn his name.

My sister handed me her bouquet and I gave her a smile as she kissed me on the cheek, "You look so beautiful." She whispered.

"You too." I smiled an she joined hands with her groom. The vows began but I'd lost track because my feet were killing me. I looked around the crowd and my eyes snagged on a man in the back. My heart stuttered as my eyes locked onto his rugged, frowning face. He looked kinda like my sister's groom. Did he have a brother?

He wore a black shirt and jeans. A black cowboy hat sat atop his head. He had a beard and a mustache, the scruff a light color of brown.

I couldn't see his eyes due to the rim of his hat..

Talk about a gorgeous man...