Chapter 2

DATE
NOV 6TH, 2038

TIME
AM 12:41:03

CONNOR
TRUSTED

"Why d'you kill him?" The Lieutenant tried. The suspect remained unmoving, its gaze fixed on the same spot on the table. It hadn't budged for hours without force, and Lieutenant Anderson's questions were having no effect. "What happened before you took that knife?"

Still no response. I continued to watch what could almost be considered a pathetic attempt at getting information from the android, however, it was late and the Lieutenant is probably both sleep deprived and drunk, and his inefficiency could be excused in my opinion. On top of this, there is a high likelihood that the interrogator may never have questioned an android before, which is almost certainly a contributing factor. 

Also watching were three others: my male counterpart, the RK800; Hank's friend, Officer Chris Miller, 29 years of age, a young, promising police officer, already raising a family; and Detective Gavin Reed, a man I could assume resented both androids and the Lieutenant, aged 36.

Hank looked back through the two-way mirror, shaking his head and giving a cold smile before he turns back to the deviant with the same expression. "How long were ya in the attic?"

Nothing provoked the deviant as Lieutenant Anderson continued attempting to pry information from it. "What didn't you even try to run away?" He asked, seeming genuinely curious. Nothing still, and his patient facade began to crack. He snapped his fingers in front of the deviant's eyes, checking for a reaction, to which he also got none. He once again looked into the mirror as if seeking some sympathy or guidance.

Then, without warning, he snapped back towards the suspect and slammed his hands against the desk, although not too forcefully. "Say something, goddamnit!" He demanded. Not even a moment later with still no answers, he let out a defeated chuckle, shaking his head as he began to stand from his chair. "Fuck it, I'm outta here..." He remarked, walking towards the door and unlocking it with his hand, reentering the viewing room a moment afterwards.

HANK
NEUTRAL

S̮̳̯̥̦̠̳͂ͫ̅̒̒̏̚͢ò̰̈́̄͗͆f̗͚̻͍͉͒͋̌̉͑͐̂t̮͛͑ͬ̒̔̓w͙ͤ̄̉̉̓̏a̹͓͙̯̭͓̣ͪͦ̅̐̐ṛ̨̻͎ͦ͋̉e̥̐͑ ̴͓͖̙̻̋̀̔ͦI̩̻̬̭̠̽́̀n̵̼̣̻͓̲͓ͪͅs̮̟̝̹̒͜ͅt̰̲̯ȧͫ̐ḃ͇̮̟̭ͅi̮͎̱̜̖͚͐ͬl̨̲͂ͭͯ̉ͦͦ̇ȉ̺̭̙̰̻̬͇̌ͩt͍̫̺͎̣̽̀y͙̭͈ͭ͊

"We're wastin' our time interrogating a machine, we're gettin' nothing out of it!" He stated with anger clearly showing in his tone. The detective had moved from the centre of the room to the wall opposite to the door, and the Lieutenant took a seat at the front desk in front of the window beside Officer Miller. Connor and I stood at the back of the room, awaiting a form of prompt.

"'Could always try roughing it up a little." Detective Reed suggested with venom. "After all, it's not human..."

"Androids don't feel pain." I was quick to 'shoot down' his notion. "You would only damage it and that wouldn't make it talk."

"Deviants also have a tendency to self-destruct when they're in stressful situations." Connor continued my 'thought-wave'.

"Okay, smartasses." Gavin interrupted, clearly peeved. "What should we do then?" He sarcastically queered.

"I could try questioning it." Connor suggested seriously. This was apparently hysterically funny to the Detective, who broke out into guffaws.

"Hilarious." I gave with sarcasm. Both the Lieutenant and Connor seemed somewhat surprised by my more human comment, and the Detective recovered from his laughing fit to glare at me.